Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 23 May 2018
Re-advertisement of VA004-2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
From 09 May 2018 To 23 May 2018
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service contract.
Duration: Six months.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RB) and Country Offices (CO and Area/Field Offices. Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Within delegated authority, the Logistics Associate will be responsible for liaising and facilitating Inter agency activities coordinated by the Logistics Cluster on behalf of the humanitarian community, inclusive of the following duties:
· Assist with logistics cluster operations in order to ensure timely and cost- effective delivery and storage of · cluster cargoes
· Coordinate with RITA Officer to ensure correct reconciliation with Physical inventories each month
· Liaise with Homs OCHA team on scheduling Inter agency convoys and facilitate discussions with agencies · on relief items prioritization
· Make arrangements for preposition supplies of humanitarian relief items for humanitarian inter-agency ,· convoys
· Coordinating and communicating with different agencies to prepare for the various operations and to
· negotiate with the different sides
· Work closely with WFP transport & warehousing focal to respond to the transport and service requests for · inter-agency convoys
· Assist in the training of new cluster staff and WFP colleagues ensuring that staff are adequately trained in logistics Cluster systems when required;
· Liaise with WFP warehouse focal point to ensure conformity with regulations for storage of cargo in logistics cluster storage locations;
· Assist in contingency planning and logistics preparedness reviews for the logistics cluster;
· Prepare regular reports as required by Logistics Units and Cluster information management.
· Attend/chair targeted local coordination meetings when requested and keep minutes for monthly cluster meetings.
· Liaise with Information Management on dissemination of relevant logistical information
· Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible work experience, including at least three years in the field of logistics.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheets
General knowledge of WFP system policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
Desirable skills: Knowledge of WFP manuals in the area of logistics
Knowledge of negotiation techniques
Ability to facilitate meetings/workshops
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your CV in English
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT