Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 23 May 2018
Job Title: Programme Assistant (NGO
partnership) SC5 Tartous VA046/2018
Re-advertisement of VA119-2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 09 May 2018 to 23 May 2018
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service Contract
Duration: Six months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Programme Assistant (NGO Partnership) will work under direct supervision of the Head of Programme, and overall supervision of the Head of Field Office.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
· Process payment claims of Cooperating partners (CPS)s. Ensure the correct exchange rate is used, and follow up on any commodity losses reported in the distribution report.
· Track of payments made to the Cooperating partners (CPS)s. Maintain the payment tracking sheet, prepare monthly status report, and flag any issues that require action.
· Create Service Entry Sheet entries (SES) in WFP’s Software System (SAP), based on the Cooperating partners (CPS)) monthly distribution report cleared by CO Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team.
· Liaise closely with CO Programme Partnership Section and CO Finance on issues related to Cooperating partners (CPS) payments.
· Provide guidance, training, and oversight to Cooperating partners (CPS)s related to payment process.
· Translate documents related to NGO Partnership and payments as required.
· Enter Field Level Agreement (FLA) information in Country office tool (COMET) for managing “programme & operation” effectively, as required.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
· Results Expected: Timely and accurate payments; well organized, complete and accurate reports; timely and accurate data entries in Software System (SAP) Tasks performed independently with only general guidance.
· Critical Success Factors: Commitment to meet deadlines; attention to details; sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data and to resolve operational problems; ability to work with minimum of supervision; ability to train and support staff; ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with NGOs, staff within the office, government entities, donors, other UN agencies, and the local population.
· Knowledge: Very strong skill in EXCEL. Experience using Software System (SAP) programme is an advantage.
· Computer skills including ACCESS, WORD, and PowerPoint are desired.
· Other Desirable skills: Demonstrated analytical skills. Concise and precise writing skills. Client orientation.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a part of a team. Ability to work under pressure
· and meet deadlines. Attention to details. Discretion to handle sensitive and confidential information.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education is required. University courses or degree is desired, preferably in accounting, finance, business management, or economics.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, book keeping, project management, or humanitarian assistance in the related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT