Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 20 May 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the
benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female
candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates:
-Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic,
Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana,
Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands,
Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay,
Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste,
Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close coordination with the Regional
Office for the MENA Region, and relevant Headquarters (HQs) departments, the successful
candidate will be responsible for managing the 3-year Italian funded project supporting the
mobilization of Tunisian diaspora for the sustainable development of the South-Eastern and
North-Western regions of the country (MOBI-TRE).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall project’s implementation in a timely manner, overseeing its financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Ensure monitoring of project progress, specifically aimed at increasing effectiveness, and take appropriate action.
- Develop and maintain implementation strategies, work and expenditure plans to ensure timely implementation and achievements of programme outputs and objectives.
- Supervise all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities, diaspora associations, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders in the project’s target regions.
- Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the project’s donors and other stakeholders.
- Act as IOM national focal point for diaspora related initiatives and manage associated projects, upon request, as well as support regional and global efforts to systematize diaspora outreach activities and mechanisms.
- Identify new project possibilities in the country on migration and development and entrepreneurship, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with OM’s mandate and strategy.
- Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required relating to project coordination, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and adaptation of activities to the different operational contexts as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.**Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education** • Master’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience • Experience in project management, including managing entrepreneurship and micro finance projects with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization; • Experience implementing similar projects in the Middle East and/or North Africa, and/or entrepreneurship projects and work with diaspora in mid-income countries is preferred; • Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities. • Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills; • Good knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation principles and practices; • Familiarity with budget/financial administration; proven resource management skills.
Languages Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.**
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of
self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs,
perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 20 May 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on
your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT