Closing date: 13 May 2018
THIS VACANCY IS RE-ADVERTISED AS MORE POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION AND ONLY UKRAINIAN NATIONALS OR THOSE WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN UKRAINE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
UNOPS provides project management implementation services and support for the European Delegation and the Government of Ukraine project, focused on reform of the Rule of Law system in Ukraine and to align its functioning with the best European and International practices.This EU-Funded Project aims to support the creation of an efficient law-enforcement system respectful of human rights in support of the people of Ukraine, via provision of the necessary support to the National Police and other Ukrainian authorities in charge of civilian law-enforcement. On substance matters, the project relies on the EU Advisory Mission [EUAM] to Ukraine which is a Rule of Law and Police Mission, based in Kiev and with presences in Kharkiv and Lviv.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Project Manager, the Translator/Interpreter provides services of bi-directional (English – Ukrainian/Russian) translation, interpretation and associated services to the project team members, ensuring high quality and accuracy of delivered messages and documents. The Translator/Interpreter Administrative pursues a client, quality and results-oriented approach in delivery of the services.The Translator/Interpreter works in close collaboration with Project Manager and Project team, as well as with the relevant units of UNOPS Officer in Ukraine to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Ensures efficient translation and interpretation services, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Full and precise delivery of bi-directional English – Ukrainian/Russian verbal and written communications between the project and external and internal project partners on subject matters (law-enforcement system, human rights, jurisprudence and associated areas);
- Accompanying the project team members to the meetings and keeping records of the meetings if and when required.
Ensures effective recording and retention of information relevant to the project delivery, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proofreading and editing of the reports, minutes, official and unofficial communications, other documents and texts for the project team;
- Note taking at the meetings, their consolidation and drafting minutes of the meetings, discussions, interviews etc.;
- Maintaining the organized files of the documentation as instructed by the Deputy Project Manager.
Support project team in qualitative and precise communication with the national stakeholders and partners, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Drafting project briefs and project updates;
- Research and retrieval of background and analytical data from internal and external sources as assigned by the Deputy Project manager.
Coordinate and arrange meetings with other parties, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of meetings and discussions;
- Drafting/preparing background materials and talking points for the meetings
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A first-level university degree, either in linguistics or related area, or any other relevant area complemented by the courses or any other formal training in translation /interpretation (English language) is required.
- 3 years of relevant experience in translation/interpretation English-Russian and English-Ukrainian.
- Proficiency in usage of computers and Microsoft office applications and browsers
- Proficiency in oral and written English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
How to apply:
Click on the link below:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT