Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Jun 2018
The Chief of Party (CoP) will report directly to the Country Director (CD) and provide strategic leadership, management and vision for ICAP’s proposed USAID project, Going the Last Mile for HIV Control. The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will have primary responsibility of serving as the key liaison with USAID, the Government of Zimbabwe, implementing partners, and other stakeholders. The CoP will work closely with the Principal Investigator and the ICAP in Zimbabwe leadership team, including the Country Director and Financial Management and Operations Director to oversee and supervise the implementation of all project activities.
This position is subject to a successful funding application and final approval by USAID.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, and management of the ICAP program strategies in line with USAID strategies and in the context of the country plans
- Provide high-level technical guidance in planning and implementing project activities
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation
- Drive use of data to track program quality, program outcomes and through targeted evaluations, assess programmatic impact on project goals
- Lead the annual work planning process and contribute to planning meetings with the donor
- Participate actively in the development of innovative approaches to strategic information and data visualization and use
- Manage a diverse project team of qualified staff, aligning their efforts with project goals and ensuring effective program delivery
- Represent the project in all matters pertaining to the execution of project-related activities including interactions with senior level representatives of partner institutions
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with the other USG partners and funders
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the donor
- Ensure that all donor reports, and project write ups, including but not limited to success stories and program briefs are data driven and articulate a compelling story
- Present progress, achievements, and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including government officials, and other implementing partners
- Prepare briefing documents on the project at the request of the donor or ministries of health.
- Represent ICAP in meetings with government officials, USAID, and partner organizations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in public health international development or other related field
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Fifteen years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex, donor-funded programs within non-governmental organizations or private sector in a developing country context
- Previous experience as Chief of Party on a PEPFAR-funded project
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organizations/institutions including government, private sector, local NGOs, and community-based organizations
- Demonstrated recent, practical experience in managing large (at least $20 million annually) HIV/AIDS programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior level government officials, donors, and multilateral organizations
- English fluency required, including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading, and the ability to conduct business
How to apply:
Applicants must send their CV with cover letter to Icapemail@example.com “Chief of Party (CoP)” in the subject line.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI