Organization: UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 21 May 2018
Collaboration Support Analyst
Job categories IT
Vacancy code VA/2018/B5004/15598
Department/office ECR, NYSC, UNDG portfolio
Duty station New York, United States of America
Contract type International ICA
Contract level IICA-1
Duration ASAP – 31 December 2018 with the possibility of extension
Application period 14-May-2018 to 21-May-2018
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Under the guidance of the Collaboration Team Manager, the new team member will work with internal clients to implement standard MS365 collaboration solutions, Teams, SharePoint Teamsites and OneDrive to meet the user needs through design, development and maintenance of the solution lifecycle.
The Collaboration analyst will work closely with clients to understand their business needs and train them on the capabilities of the new solutions available within UNOCHA.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to understand and document their requirements for collaboration
- Work with business focal points on identifying the information architecture for their collaboration spaces by understanding their needs and objective and developing a data categorization and labelling schema
- Develop prototypes to stimulate proposed features for business requirements
- Proactively seek out opportunities to provide business solutions through trainings
- Provide input and manage timelines to the team lead on planning, estimating and scheduling of projects
- Create training materials on the different capabilities of each solution
- Create and maintain documentation for developed solutions
- Setup and manage alerts to monitor activity of collaboration solutions and gather feedback for enhancements
- Provide daily production system support when required
- Respond to and action end user collaboration service requests
- Provide guidance and training for collaboration site owners and endusers
- Provide day-to-day support within the team
- Knowledge transfer to internal team members
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related subject
- Masters Library Science degree desirable and can substitute 4 years of the required experience in information architecture.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in information architecture by planning and designing the information structure for collaboration spaces (Teamsites)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working with SharePoint
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience using MS365 collaboration products OneDrive, SP online and/or Teams
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting, maintaining and deployment of SharePoint 2013-2016 – to SP online
- Hands-on experience in implementing various SharePoint Web Parts, Web Part, Pages, Workflow, Content Types, and custom Document Libraries and Lists, Page Layout, Site Template, Themes, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Demonstrated customer support experience in an operational role.
- Experience in applying strong problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-1/ICSC-9
Contract duration: ASAP – 31 December 2018 with the possibility of extension
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.
Background Information – Development Group Cluster Based in New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services.
How to apply:
Please apply via this link: https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=15598
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT