Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Jun 2018
Reporting directly to the Lead Strategic Information Advisor, the Data Manager is responsible for data management and analyses required during survey implementation of nationally representative population-based surveys in sub-Saharan Africa designed to assess the impact of PEPFAR-supported HIV prevention, care and treatment programs. Collaborates with the sub-contracted research corporations to ensure the development and implementation of tablet and cloud-based systems to collect, manage and clean high-quality survey data. Provides support in this area to CDC, Ministries of Health and ICAPcountry teams. Additionally, support the quality control of data summaries prepared for survey monitoring to ensure outputs are complete and high quality.
- Review specification documentation provided by survey implementing teams for data collection instruments and direct the work of the sub-contracted research corporations to ensure development of high quality data collection instruments
- Test and remediate data collection instruments
- Collaborates sub-contracted research corporations to adapt specifications for automated monitoring reports to be generated by cloud-based study databases
- Adapts existing standard operating procedures for data collection, management and analysis of survey monitoring data, and data quality assurance and data lock.
- Provides remote support to ICAP country teams on data management aspects of the surveys, including training teams on using tablets, and troubleshooting data collection challenges that arise with tablets.
- Support quality control of data summaries prepared for survey monitoring
- Provide analytic support to first and final release data tables as needed
- Provide data management support to generation of public release datasets
- Support analyses for abstracts, presentations and manuscripts
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Epidemiology, Demography or related field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Minimum four (3) years of related experience designing, managing and working directly with databases from large research studies.
- Demonstrated experience designing study databases including data quality checks and data collection monitoring reports.
- Proficiency with SAS or STATA statistical software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Demography or related field.
- Demonstrated and successful experience managing and analyzing large, population-based survey data.
- Demonstrated experience designing and using electronic data collection tools.
- Demonstrated experience providing training on data management and data security.
- Experience working with issues relating to HIV/AIDS. Experience working in resource-limited environments in sub-Saharan Africa a plus.
How to apply:
Interested candidates, please apply here –
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI