Organization: US Institute of Peace
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 07 Jun 2018
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
We are a nonpartisan institute chartered by Congress to tackle the world’s toughest problems. Working in conflict zones around the world, our staff advise and support the military, government officials and community leaders – to promote knowledge and practices that prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict. To learn more about USIP programs and job openings go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers. The Institute is headquartered in Washington DC with staff working in 22 different countries, at any given time up to 20% of the staff could be deployed working in the field.
The Executive Assistant to the CFO is responsible for providing a range of administrative, communications, and financial support to the CFO and the Office of Finance. The incumbent maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment in working with internal and external contacts, including Board members. In-depth knowledge of organization operations, policies, and procedures will be essential to success. The position also assists as assigned within all areas of the Office of Finance, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, contracting, grants administration, and budget and planning. As such, the incumbent must have superb organization and communication skills and a technical capacity for financial activities. An appreciation for and dedication to customer service is critical.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling and managing the CFO’s calendar, including prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands, and proactively scheduling important meetings with internal and external individuals
- Supports and coordinates Board of Directors’ Audit and Finance Committee meeting arrangements including teleconferences and minute-taking as required
- Support Office of Finance communications and information sharing on various platforms
- Perform finance and procurement functions, if assigned, including serving as a contracting officer representative and supporting the AP/AR team as necessary
- Interact with all levels of Institute staff in performing assigned duties
- Provides support in arranging Finance meetings including handling logistics, room reservations (internal and external), and local travel
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to; meeting notes, scanning, copying, faxing, and data entry
- Performs various financial administrative functions for the team as necessary, including: purchase requisitions, shipping requests, travel expense reports, requests for payment, consultancy agreements, etc.
- Represent the Office of Finance and the CFO through professional, friendly and respectful interactions internally and externally
Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or nationals of countries listed in a U.S. Collective Defense Arrangement per the Department of State. To see a list of those countries, go to http://www.state.gov/s/l/treaty/collectivedefense/index.htm.
A Bachelor’s degree required
A minimum of 5 years of related professional experience in a complex nonprofit or government environment;
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Must exhibit a high degree of confidentiality;
Demonstrated ability to interact with senior officials and Board of Directors’ members;
Knowledge of finance and procurement processes;
Experience serving as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) a plus;
Experience processing purchase requisitions, shipping requests, travel expense reports, requests for payment, consultancy agreements;
Experience performing general clerical duties to include but not limited to; meeting notes, scanning, copying, faxing, and data entry;
Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills
Attention to details and accuracy a must;
Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment;
Strong time management skills;
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel, is a must
Ability to work independently or as a team member with strong interpersonal skills
Strong computer skills in database usage is preferred;
Experience with government financial system/software preferred;
Knowledge of accounting and/or contracting preferred.
All USIP contract and employee position are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
For questions about this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do Not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applications that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI