Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Jun 2018
The Financial Management and Operations Director will be responsible for the overall accounting, finance and administration components of ICAP’s proposed USAID project, Going the Last Mile for HIV Control. S/he will ensure financial reporting is in accordance with USAID contractual requirements and will oversee program procurement activities. S/he will oversee the effective and appropriate use of financial resources of the project, and develop and utilize effective mechanisms to monitor the expenditures and liquidations of the project. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that financial management, personnel, administrative, and contractual operations systems are conducted according to ICAPregulations, standard operating procedures, and good business practices
This position is subject to a successful funding application and final approval by USAID.
- Oversee all project-specific financial planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Prepare accurate project budgets; track expenses; oversee payroll, benefits, and reimbursements; ensure that required project financial controls and cost performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to; prevent over-expenditure of budgets; ensure proper safeguards of funds; and ensure compliance with established U.S. Government and ICAP financial and accounting procedures
- Apply detailed financial reporting and project cost reimbursement process in accordance with established financial system
- In collaboration with the project leadership, manage all local sub-awards and ensure sub-awardees’ compliance and reporting
- Provide guidance and support for contract development and management
- Record and document all financial transactions into an approved ICAP Field Expense Accounting System and submit timely monthly reports
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports
- Oversee local procurements and execute all approved payments for local vendors, contractors, and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with the laws and regulations of Zimbabwe, as well as with ICAP and USAIDregulations
- Assist in the preparation and management of project budgets and pipeline expenditures
- Maintain inventories and controls over project office fixed assets, such as furnishings and computer equipment
- Manage timesheets for office staff, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing
- Prepare country activity travel advances and process travel claims, and work with country program staff to resolve accounting related issues
- Maintain an effective office country filing system
- A master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, commerce or related field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- At least 10 years of experience working as a finance and administration manager.
- Familiarity with managing programs that are USG-donor funded and strong command of USAID regulations and compliance
- Extensive financial and administration experience working with non-governmental organizations
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Quickbooks
- Experience developing and interpreting standard financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow) and creation of Journal entries preferred
- English fluency required, including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading, and the ability to conduct business
How to apply:
Applicants must send their CV with cover letter to Icapemail@example.com “Financial Management and Operations Director” in the subject line.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI