Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 25 Jul 2018
Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station : Bogota, Colombia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer, in coordination with the Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU) in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), and the Regional Resources Management Officer (RRMO) in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the procurement and supply chain activities of the Country Office (CO), measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators:
• Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money
• Availability and Quality
• Compliance and Stewardship
• Productivity and Efficiency
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Manage and conduct overall logistics and procurement actions, and supervise relevant staff, in line with IOM procedures and processes. Recommend staff training as required.
Implement CO´s Logistics (Procurement, Contracting, Maintenance Facilities, Assets Administration, Warehousing and Transport Support) Strategic plan to support the CO´s implementation of programmes, facilitating adequate and timely response capacity to the demands of the main office and sub office.
Plan logistics actions, and contribute to budgeting, scheduling and the provision of materials and equipment needed by the CO.
Organize and implement in close coordination with other support department and programme management, a cost effective and reliable systems for transport of personnel, migrants, internally displaced persons and materials and equipment needed in programme implementation. This includes, but not limited to setting up necessary logistics support for emergency operations involving provision of assistance to internally displaced persons and other vulnerable groups.
Implement vendors and contractor’s accreditation and evaluation process to ensure availability of a pool of reliable vendors, in order to meet the needs of the CO and Programme implementation.
Implement instructions for procurement, contracting, warehouse operation and assets administration that are compliant with IOM’s general instructions, policies and procedures.
Organize and maintain systems and procedures for procurement, contracting of supplies, equipment, and service needed by the CO.
Assist programme managers and technical staff in preparing and issuing calls for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering of the projects of the CO in compliance with the CO’s permanent instructions. Support all procurement transactions and analyse them for conformity with specified requirements.
Implement the contract tracking and administration system to ensure proper tracking and monitoring of contracts and agreements procured by the CO. Draft contracts and submit to the legal unit for approval prior to contracting activity.
Responsible for the procurement of goods, both locally and internationally, and ensure that the Organization’s procurement rules and procedures are strictly followed.
In coordination with the Senior Resources Management Officer, analyse procurement requests, identify Service Providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests.
Supervise and regularly conduct physical and electronic inventories of the CO, develop a system of identification and allocation of assets, and implement appropriate internal control mechanisms to safeguard them.
Ensure the logistical operations are updated and goods received are reported, as well as the receipt of the in-kind contribution, registration and distribution.
Communicate, in a timely manner, with the Senior Resources Management Officer regarding any potential obstacles or issues that would impede unit activities.
Draft regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing materials on logistics operations, review the operations modality and propose adjustments
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Procurement, Logistics, Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain management is an advantage.
• Experience in large scale procurement and logistics;
• Experience in managing staff and Extensive technical experience;
• Experience in hardship locations;
• Sound skills in reporting and computer excel and word;
• Ability to work under minimum supervision;
• Experience in emergence response;
• Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and service;
• Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM;
• Drivers IOM vehicles in safe manner consistent with local regulations;
• Experience running a guest house is an advantage.
Fluency in Spanish and working knowledge of English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 12.07.2018 to 25.07.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/168 (P) – Procurement and Logistics Officer (P2) – Bogota, Colombia (55564908) Released
Posting: Posting NC55564911 (55564911) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT