Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Closing date: 22 Jul 2018
Position Title : Project Manager
Duty Station : Mbuji-Mayi, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 22 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Kinshasa (CoM), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the implementation, monitoring and development of projects related to the mission, in addition to support to the project related to the Congolese National Police and the implementation of the community policing approach in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). S/he will work closely on projects funded by the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) Bureau of the United States Department of State and will act as the ad interim Head of Sub-office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Monitor, coordinate and implement all project activities related to the sub-office, ensuring appropriate compliance with IOM administrative policies and Donor requirements.
Provide technical advice, analysis and input to the program manager, COM and relevant stakeholders on issues that may arise on the project implementation.
Manage aspects of the INL-funded projects in the sub-office, in line with IOM and donor requirements, and specifically 1) organize training and other capacity building activities, 2) maintain an overview of construction projects, 3) provide support to civilian authorities and civil society in local security management 4) ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of activities, in coordination with the relevant implementing partners , INL, the local civilian authority and the Congolese National Police (PNC).
Supervise and coordinate the work of all project staff members in operations/logistics, procurement, capacity building and trainings, research, analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
Contribute to the management of financial/budgetary planning, exercise quality control over all procedures and documents, and ensure proper follow-up as necessary.
Track and coordinate timely submission of reporting on projects, including ad hoc, monthly, interim, quarterly, annual and end-of-project reports. Meet the Mission’s and the donor’s reporting requirements by providing specific data, analysis, and financial reports.
Liaise and act as Focal-point with relevant interlocutors in order to ensure efficient programme implementation, thus facilitating information exchange and project cooperation, as well as promoting IOM-implemented initiatives. Accord specific attention to law enforcement and security management institutions and other donors working in the realm of security sector reform in his/her area of intervention.
Facilitate the development of reports, presentations, talking points, and briefings on project activities.
Represent the mission and sub-office, participate in the relevant conferences, workshops, trainings and seminars, and make presentations on assigned topics and activities, in his/her area of intervention.
Contribute to the timely recruitment of staff and the preparation of budgets for the projects under his/her responsibility. Closely monitor staff performance and progress, and facilitate and encourage mainstreaming of gender according to IOM procedures and regulations.
Contribute to project development efforts for the continuation of existing projects as well as new projects in the related field.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Law, Political or Social Sciences, Humanities, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited police or others academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Previous experience in technical advisory, mentoring, coaching and coordination is desired;
• Previous experience providing support to national efforts in the area of
security sector reform, law enforcement training/capacity building, law enforcement, operations, public security, security sector management is desired;
• A minimum of two years of experience working overseas in a post conflict or reconstruction programme;
• Previous experience in writing training plans, statements of works, standard operating procedures and detailed instructions;
• Ability to comfortably speak in public; ability to prepare and provide briefings in English and
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of a local language is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 22 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 09.07.2018 to 22.07.2018
Requisition: VN2018/166(P)-ProjectManager(P2)-Mbuji-Mayi,DemocraticRepublicofCongo (55559429) Released
Posting: Posting NC55559434 (55559434) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT