Organization: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
Closing date: 31 Jul 2018
Main purpose of position
The ICT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical and functional support in the areas of business information systems and ERP systems, network management, software development, database administration, problem resolution, system testing and development, security access, and training. The ICT Support Specialist is knowledgeable about all aspects of ERP systems, including development, testing, reporting, and first level support. Attention to detail and good organization skills are critical. Accurate incident documentation and tracking are important parts of the position.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
· Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions for business information systems and ERP systems.
· Collaborate with the software development team to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications.
· Perform day-to-day troubleshooting, problem solving, and act as first level support for business information systems and ERP systems.
· Work with end-users on all ERP functional modules to document business needs and requirements for system upgrades and enhancements.
· Respond to business requirements (Finance, HR, Procurement, Project Management, etc.) by developing reports and alerts using SQL scripts and routines and ERP configurations.
· Ensure that external/internal regulations and policies governing data management are met, including regulations concerning security, audit and privacy.
· Work with the ITU team in supporting users by identifying, troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and network related problems encountered by users.
· Contribute and coordinate with ITU team on the management and maintenance of the network infrastructure and firewall configurations.
· Assist in documenting business processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
· Conduct regular visits to users and check on their Internet, PCs, Laptops, Software, and IT related issues.
· Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business.
· Maintain an updated ITU inventory of Hardware, Software, Peripherals, Accessories and Consumables.
· Maintain a register of IT suppliers and register the supplier invoices in the ERP system.
· Comfortable with other job demands (e.g. carrying equipment, walking short distances to deliver hardware, work overtime or over weekends).
· Performs any additional tasks requested by the supervisors.
Education, qualifications and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS or related field.
· Five years of extensive experience in T-SQL development, including queries, functions, and stored procedure development.
· Three years of experience in customer support including OS upgrades and updates, troubleshooting, driver installation, printer installation, networking, etc.
· Proven record in software and web development using .NET technologies.
· Good background in Windows Servers Technologies including Active Directory Management, Exchange Server Management, and SQL Server management.
· Strong understanding of business functions and processes (Finance, HR, Project Management, Procurement, etc.).
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details.
· Experience with any of the followings is a plus:
o ERP systems, in particular Agresso/Uni4 Business World.
o Network firewalls management and configuration.
o SharePoint, Office 365, and Azure technologies.
o Certified training in one or more of MS Technologies.
· Excellent command of English verbal and written.
Terms of appointment, salary and benefits
This is a nationally recruited position. The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of 3 years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The first year will be probationary period.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by July 30, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI