Organization: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
Closing date: 13 Jul 2018
Main purpose of position
Provide communication and administrative support for the delivery of ICARDA’s communication products and activities.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
· Create designs and layouts for a wide range of materials based on standard layout principles and aesthetic design concepts, using Adobe Create Suite software on PC platform, as well as some Microsoft Office products.
· Develop graphics; vector illustrations; statistical charts, graphs, and infographics; artwork; and design-related elements for print and web.
· Lay out a range of publications in Adobe InDesign, using existing templates or developing templates appropriate to the project.
· Edit video segments in Adobe Premier.
· Provide administrative tasks for the communications unit, including processing of payments and liaising with suppliers.
· Confer with ICARDA scientists to conceptualize, brainstorm, and create designs and videos that are well suited to project needs and various audiences, including policymakers, researchers, donors, organizations in developing countries, and the general public.
· Contribute to the way ICARDA is represented to its audiences by adhering to existing ICARDA branding guidelines.
Education, qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications and competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
· Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite 6, especially in InDesign, Premier, and Illustrator (must be able to layout documents, edit videos, and create original vector illustrations)
· At least 3 years of experience as a graphic designer comfortable with PC platform, as well as proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint
· Fluency in English (oral and written)
· Demonstrated ability to understand target audiences and relationships to brand concepts
· Knowledge of or experience working on international development issues, especially in areas related to ICARDA’s mandate
Desirable qualifications and competencies
· Working knowledge of HTML5 and motion graphics
· Design and production experience in print-publishing environments as well as experience with video and multimedia
Terms of appointment
The initial contract will be for six months with a possibility of extension. Subsequent employment will be determined by performance, availability of funds and continued need for the position.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by 13 July 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI