Job Title: Experienced Lumber Trader
Reports To: President and Vice President of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Richmond International Forest Products, LLC (RIFP) is looking for Experienced Lumber Traders to join our team.
At Richmond International Forest Products our mission is to provide our customers with the best products and timely solutions for their needs, and to utilize our fiscally sound position to provide the liquidity that our suppliers desire. We have been in business for over 40 years, by building on our history of solid relationships and reliable results, we strive to further expand our national and international footprint in the forestry products industry. We are a subsidiary of Forest City Trading Group (FCTG) which is our parent company located in Portland, Oregon. Our website is www.rifp.com.
This is a full-time position with compensation determined based on experience. We believe in paying our people for their performance. We negotiate a fair salary and have a complete benefit package including health, life, vision, 401k, etc…
This position will start off salaried but in a short-time will become 100% commission based with a draw.
Duties and Responsibilities as Lumber Trader:
• Call on customers to generate sales daily- quote, negotiate and close conditions of sale.
• Input orders and follow through with shipment to insure timely delivery.
• Call on suppliers and get list of offering – determine pricing strategy, negotiate sales, write up order and forward to traffic.
• Attend and participate in morning market industry/segment meetings.
• Prospect new customers by working with department heads and credit department.
• Plan and budget daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals and measure results to goals. Each trader is solely responsible to find customers which produce sales and income from commissions.
• Resolve any and all customer, mill, company disputes, issues, promptly and professionally.
• Assist in collections from customers by working with credit department.
• Interact with other traders on the floor to keep each other informed of changing market conditions and to provide customers a variety of products to be purchased from each department if needed, one-stop shopping.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma is required along with a Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or Associate’s degree from two-year college plus one year related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have prior lumber sales experience in the industry. Each candidate depending on experience will have opportunity for annual training at company’s offsite lumber training education facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines.
• Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
• Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and willing to work extra hours as needed to complete tasks.
• Positive attitude with willingness to learn and be trained on company’s trading practices and business software is a must for this position.
• Must follow company processes and controls in place to ensure operating company stays in full compliance with annual audits.
• In addition must have a high level of attention to detail and work well with others. Fast paced environment with high volume of transactions.
• Desire to succeed in order to be promoted to lumber trader.
• Experience using Microsoft Products is required and any experience using Sales Assist and A/S 400 is a plus.
Read more here:: GFIS