Closing date: 10 Aug 2018
Under the direction of the Project Director, the Senior Communications Officer will be responsible develop content for and ensure the implementation of the PHIA Communications Strategy in Haiti.
In addition to the Haiti-based team, the Senior Communications Officer will also collaborate with the PHIACommunication Team at the ICAP New York (Headquarters) as needed.
This position is grant funded.
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haïti
Coordinate and ensure implementation of project and survey communication strategy, including communications at national, departmental, commune and community levels including community mobilization.
Adapt PHIA messages to the local context; polish and translate messages into local languages (e.g. Haitian Creole and French)
Ensure compliance with established branding strategy, correct logo placement, and donor and partner recognition on all communications.
Work with local stakeholders to develop, write, lay out, produce and distribute a range of key communications materials, including but not limited to: briefs to policy makers and national and departmental leaders, brochures for participant recruitment, radio spots, banners and posters, survey team t-shirts.
Lead an effective media engagement strategy, including writing and distributing press-releases, feature articles, opinion pieces, and similar materials.
In consultation with ICAP Communications, CDC and MSPP, respond as needed and appropriate to any publicity relating to the PHIA.
*Inform and coordinate community mobilization activities by working with the local survey implementing partner and other local stakeholders to:
- Develop SOPs and tools for community entry procedures, community level sensitization, survey team feedback and responses to community reactions
- Ensure implementation of community entry procedures and community sensitization via local institutions
Manage and respond to community level reactions
Participate in ICAP Haiti periodic staff meeting
Any other duties as assigned
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in health related communications
- Minimum First Degree in Communications and/or health related field preferred
- Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Haiti context and cultures in urban and rural areas
- Excellent knowledge of local media and local sensitivities
- Proven experience leading communications for a public health program or campaign
- Excellent knowledge of relevant software packages
- Working knowledge of the operational and programmatic rules and regulations for recipients of United States Government funding preferred
- Fluency in English and French; knowledge of Haitian Creole an asset
- Travel to regions where survey is being conducted at approximately 25% time
How to apply:
Please send an application letter and CV by email with subject title “PHIA Project – Senior Communications Officer – ICAP Haiti” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit certificates online. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Haiti and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment, which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI