|City:||Houston, BC, Canada|
Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Canfor is currently looking for a motivated individual with proven leadership experience in the forestry industry to join our team as a Harvesting Superintendent.
The Harvesting Superintendent is responsible for delivery of volumes to meet manufacturing facility needs and Company commitments. This is a full time position and the successful candidate will be a member of the Houston Woodlands team.
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with all applicable Occupational Health and Safety requirements, forestry legislation, Canfor’s Environmental Policy, Forestry Principles, and Forestry Management System.
- Implement and sustain identified efficiencies and cost savings initiatives through performance management.
- Management of a strong staff and contractor workforce, to achieve size, species cost profile targets for Canfor’s manufacturing facilities.
- Deliver safety results that improve practices and deliver safety leadership within the Canfor’s operations as well as within the forest industry generally.
- Facilitate delivery of appropriate volume to meet manufacturing facility needs while driving improvements to Canfor’s supply chain strategy.
- Participate in the development of annual budgets and rolling monthly outlook projections to achieve cost targets.
- Demonstrate the highest level of commitment to continuous improvement initiatives by implementing cost effective management processes and actively participating in the Canfor Operating System deployment strategies
- Participate and lead initiatives to grow / improve Canfor’s business and customer relationships.
- Providing and supporting a positive atmosphere for personal, professional and team development.
- University Degree or Technical Diploma with a minimum of 10 years forestry experience, experience in a mill setting is an asset.
- Eligibility for professional designation with the ABCFP.
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills, with an ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of applicable BC legislation and policies
- Excellent computer skills and related software knowledge including forestry applications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Houston residents enjoy a relaxed pace of life and omnipresent access to the area’s truly great outdoors. The surrounding area is renowned for its many ultra-clean lakes and rivers, which offer world-class fishing and watersports. Houston in known as “The Steelhead Capital of Canada’ and its thriving eco-tourism industry complements the area’s economic mainstays of forestry and mining. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/houston-bc
Read more here:: GFIS