|City:||Grande Prairie, AB, Canada|
|Location:||Grande Prairie (AB01)|
Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Canfor is currently looking for a motivated forestry professional to join our team as a Harvesting Supervisor for our Grande Prairie Woodlands Division in a full time position.
The Harvesting Supervisor is responsible for managing the delivery of harvested volumes as identified in the harvest schedule to the identified manufacturing facility while fulfilling all additional Company commitments. This is a full-time position and a member of the Canfor Woodlands team.
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with all applicable Occupational Health and Safety Requirements, forestry legislation, Canfor’s Environmental Policy, Forestry Principles, and Forestry Management System.
- Implement and sustain identified efficiencies and cost savings initiatives
- Managing all activities associated with harvesting, including: supervision of logging, road construction, maintenance and deactivation, completion of waste assessments, hazard abatement and productivity audits.
- Planning and delivery of volume to the Canfor Sawmill and other customers.
- Tracking, reporting and root cause analysis of safety, quality, cost, and delivery results.
- Administrative and environmental management activities.
- Preparing budgets and managing costs within your specific responsibilities.
- Change Circumstance reporting
- road inspections
- Ensuring contractors are effective and efficient.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- University Degree or Technical Diploma with a minimum of 5 years forestry experience.
- Eligibility for professional designation with the CAPF.
- Excellent leadership, communication & project management skills, with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Alberta legislation and policies.
- Proficient in using a computer & related software and forestry applications.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Preference may be given to those with extensive experience with:
- Varied experience in Forest Planning, Cutting Permit acquisition, Harvesting and Silviculture
- Fostering positive First Nations relationships
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbor in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Grande Prairie, AB
Grande Prairie is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and is an exciting place for those who are young, upwardly mobile and in search of an affordable home. The city also offers an array of job aspects and endless cultural and leisure activities. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/grande-prairie
Read more here:: GFIS