Organization: Wellcome Trust
Closing date: 25 Jul 2018
To undertake operational management of all data collected or linked to epidemiological malaria surveillance in the field study sites in Junju, Pinglikani and Ngerenya. To research and develop documentation on methods to ensure that electronic data management is GCP compliant. The post holder will also be responsible for developing and maintaining data collection tools, and developing data bases.
- Manage tools for collecting, entering, editing, cleaning, organizing, and archiving data. Collect, archive and adequately backup all data relevant to thea
- Dispensary Malaria Monitoring (SSC 2617)
- Systems Immunology Studies of Plasmodium Falciparum Malaria Susceptibility in Kilifi County, SSC 3149- Malaria Surveillance Field Team, complete with documentation, in a timely and systematic manner. This will include data directly collected prior to the current Immunology protocol SSC 1131 and data collected as part of RTS,S Phase 2b (MAL 59). This also includes all other data linked or relevant to these 2 protocols that are collected by other KEMRI CGMRC systems e.g. adult bleed data, ITN survey data, and data from the KHDSS and KIDMS.
- Controlled Human Malaria Infection**(CHMI)SSC 3190.**
- The data manager will supervise data entry staff and field based staff as relates to data collection and management for SSC 2617 ,SSC 3149 and for SSC 3190.
- Perform quality checks on the data and resolve any issues that arise, communicating with laboratory staff, field staff and clinicians in order to resolve errors using clearly documented and progressively refined methods.
- Study regulatory requirements to guide discussions regarding GCP compliance of the database and prompt actions to correct non-compliance where appropriate.
- Perform basic analyses that highlight relationships between tables and provide general information drawn from the data that may be useful to investigators e.g. demographic profiles, incidence, prevalence etc.
- Document all information that is relevant to the data collected from the study cohorts
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related fields.
- Training and/or at least 5 years’ experience in data management
- Statistics experience with Stata or R or SPSS REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of Open Clinica or/and MySQL,Ms Access REQUIRED,
- Experience in medical research data management will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of database design and data modelling
- Excellent skills in data manipulation and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to work in a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to take initiative and improve data management systems based on well thought out and tested trials
- Ability to work under varying levels of pressure, flexible and ability to multi-task
- Previous experience in a medical research setting desirable
How to apply:
To apply for this job please click on the link below:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI