Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 16 Jul 2018
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.For 70years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist and the Chief of Education,the incumbent is to support the coordination and implementation of UNICEF’s education activities in targeted recovery districts/ local units within selected schools, in close conjunction with implementing partners and all stakeholders involved at the district level. Further, the officers will provide support to coordination, capacity building, monitoring and reporting at district level to fulfill UNICEF and donor requirements.
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
1. Support coordination and quality implementation of activities in assigned districts with partners in target schools for education recovery activities, related to joint UNICEF and USAID project.
2. Draft and finalize distribution plans with partners and PCA documents, for all supplies in targeted schools, and ensure strong monitoring against said plans.
3. Ensure regular and consistent monitoring and quality reporting (weekly and monthly) for all education activities including teacher training, SMC training, supply distribution and usage, community engagement, and quality education in selected schools.
4. Undertake as required, and based on field observations, refresher trainings at community level for school management committees, teachers, PTA members and other community stakeholders on project activities (including quality education in recovery, school safety measures, hygiene promotion, supply and material usage, etc.) including for ECD facilitators/classes.
5. Support School Management Committees in target schools to ensure that School Improvement Plans incorporate recovery work, and that SMCs integrate measures within SIPs which will increase school safety and promote sustainability of project activities in line with DoE guidelines, including maintenance of Transitional Learning Centers and other facilities, and improve capacity for information and record keeping in schools.
6. Establish and implement an effective coordination mechanism with the government, implementing partners, and other project stakeholders in the affected districts/local units related to the project goals/activities, progress, challenges, and opportunities.
7. Work closely with other sections, particularly WASH, for activities related to successful project implementation in selected districts/local units. Ensure close communication and coordination with other stakeholders, including section engineer consultants, partners, and other entities as required for successful project implementation.
8. Undertake frequent travel to all assigned districts (estimated 80% of time to be spent in the field in assigned districts/local units).
9. Provide timely support to review all partner reports, with emphasis on district-related concerns, and follow up with partners and government entities for addressing challenges and taking corrective actions.
10. Support donor requirements, including frequent donor/high level visits to project sites, and input into key reports and information sharing mechanisms.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieuofan Advanced University Degree.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Diversity and inclusion
Working with people
Drive for results
Formulating strategies and concepts
Applying technical expertise
Learning and researching
Planning and organizing
For every child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=514461
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT