OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION
Our Westminster, Maryland Division currently has an exciting career opportunity for an:
We are currently recruiting for an individual that is looking for their next career opportunity in Operations. This role will be a intricate part of the divisional management team reporting to the General manager. As being part of the management team, this individual will need to demonstrate a high level of integrity, internal and external customer focus and a strong work ethic to provide accurate and detailed results. Our culture is one of team not individual and we seek an individual that values the same in their own ideals.
Primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to plan, direct and coordinate the operations for our Maryland Distribution Center. This includes ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, and efficiency and profitability of organizational operations via effective management opportunities via effective management methods and strategies. In addition this role will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise our order fulfillment process by dispersing orders to the warehouse and yard foreman
- Oversee all inbound and outbound freight as well as negotiating all freight rates
- Maintain a warehouse management system for efficient layout of the yard/warehouse, maintaining cycle counts and our cut program
- Prepare annual budget for warehouse and capital expenditures and other warehouse expenses
- Recruit, develop and engage a top notch operational team
- Strong computer knowledge
We require a minimum of 5+ years supervisory experience within the lumber distribution or service industry. A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or similar discipline is preferred.
In addition, this key individual must possess initiative, quick and accurate decision making ability and strive for professionalism in their actions.
Read more here:: GFIS