Our client is a solid player in the forestry market. They have a mill in High Level, Alberta and are currently looking for a Planermill Supervisor and as the location is northerly there are significant extra benefits for these positions that one doesn’t get with more southerly roles.
High Level is a smaller community not particularly close to any major city. It is ideal for the outdoors enthusiast or those that don’t like crowds. Are you a fisherman or hunter? Can you say ‘heaven’??? For the right person there is no better place to live and prosper that this. On top of that there are tax breaks for living there that stretch your income further.
The Planermill Supervisor will be responsible for exceeding targets in quality, cost control and employee engagement with an uncompromising focus on safety standards.
This key position reports to the Finishing End Superintendent and works closely with maintenance and other staff to ensure safety, production and overall plant efficiency. The successful incumbent will require superior leadership skills to deliver on World Class results and possesses a comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing operations, OH&S and industrial relations.
- Three to five years related supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Post-secondary education in forestry, business, engineering or related field would be an asset Self-motivated individual with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment;
- Superior computer application skills;
- Technical knowledge of planer equipment, lumber grading and technical knowledge of a high speed planer and optimization is a definite asset.
Read more here:: GFIS