The Plywood Dry End Production Superintendent in Mississippi is responsible for the production and safe work practices of the Dryers, Lay-Up, Presses, and Finishing/Shipping Departments. The Production Superintendent assists in strategic planning, trains and develops supervisors in all aspects of safe work practices.
Job#180619PS1 – Plywood Dry End Production Superintendent – Mississippi
Location: United States
Wage: $80-100k/year depending on experience
Education Required: College degree is preferred and a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
Years Experience Required: Must have plywood dryer supervision experience in the southeast. minimum of 5 years work experience in the plywood manufacturing industry with special emphasis in the Drying, Gluing, Finishing and Shipping Departments.
- Assists external departments as business needs arise
- Bases all decisions, perform acts and personify self in the best interest of the company
- Communicates safety/sanitation/quality programs to plant leaders and hourly team members
- Develops and supervises capital improvement projects to be complete within scope, on time and budget
- Develops good team member relations
- Directly supervises team members while reporting to the Plant Manager
- Ensures the facility maintains world class sanitation standards
- Follows the Management Operating System to achieve established goals for all production related performance indicators
- Implements and sets up preventive maintenance schedules
- Knowledgeable of plant policies and procedures
- Maintains records in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Manages the assigned department and operations at a plant that produces bulk products
- Perform safety audits and sets the example for safety
- Prepares the facility for, and participates in, regulatory/third party/customer/company audits
- Proactively seeks and supports the plant goals and vision in accordance with the strategic vision
- Responsible for determining priority of maintenance requirements
- Trains and develops team members, and product quality in accordance with budgetary parameters
- Attend and complete all required monthly safety training
- Champions plant wide SOPs program
- Coordinates and participates in audits, prioritizing and tracking completion of findings
- Coordinates production schedules of all department and products
- Ensures that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected
- Facilitates and ensures adherence to safety laws, regulations, rules and sound practices
- Identifies reports, and achieves the highest standards in safety recognition, practices, and quality behaviors.
- In order to abide by certain OSHA and local environmental agency regulations, mandatory safety training, protective gear, and chemical handling procedures are required.
- Investigates incidents (root cause analysis), incident trends and related preventative measures
- Maintains the necessary health, safety & environmental records and documentation
- Maximizes plant capacities and KPIs
- Models and reinforces all safety practices
- Overall responsibility for the efficient operation and maintenance of the assigned department for maximum productivity.
- Plans, initiates and puts into operation, plant capital improvements on time and on budget
- policies and procedures
- Proactively engages in employee development, team building, and the continuous improvement of methods, processes and systems
- Proactively leads and supports operational excellence
- Promote Departmental Housekeeping in my job area
- Promoting the essential Team Principles and Core Values of the company
- Provides technical knowledge for processes and equipment to obtain performance
- To learn more about the LEAN Guiding Principles and using them in my job
- To recognize and take action on machine problems through SOP and communication.
- To understand that safety is first by taking responsibility for working safely and following all established safety rules, regulations, and procedures
- Trains employees and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Using the LEAN Method by putting everything back in the proper location
- Works with location management on the continued development and implementation of Health & Safety programs
- Good communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to generate and understand production models.
- Position requires analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Position requires good working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to make coordinated movements of one hand
- Static Strength – the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry
- Effectively communicates and understands job instruction both verbally and written in English Language
- Enforce and Adhere to Lean Safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Follows the guidelines and procedures for OSHA and Local Environmental Agency Regulation
- College degree is preferred and a minimum of 5 years work experience in the plywood manufacturing industry with special emphasis in the Drying, Gluing, Finishing and Shipping Departments.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Basic Math Skills
Read more here:: GFIS