Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 15 Jul 2018
Position Title : Senior Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Juba, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
External female candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Juba, and in close collaboration with the Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi, the Department of Resources Management (DRM) at Headquarters (HQs) and the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supervising the resource management functions of the Mission and its Sub-Offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting, budgeting, treasury, personnel, procurement and other administrative activities of the Mission and Sub-Offices, including: • Plan and monitor the financial management for the Mission and supervise the preparation of financial and donor reports; • Maintain and further strengthen appropriate internal controls and develop and implement relevant operational control systems; • Exercise oversight on financial expenditure and accountability; • Establish and coordinate administrative and human resources practices in the Mission and its Sub-Offices; • Plan and coordinate the preparation of Programme and Budget reports and proposals.
Manage the financial and human resources of the projects and Mission by forecasting and planning the income and expenditures as well as taking corrective action when necessary to maintain a healthy financial and human resources base.
Supervise resources management function in the Mission and sub-offices, ensuring compliance with the Organization’s regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
Take the lead in the development and implementation of short- and long-term resources management objectives and goals of the missions and projects. Liaise with projects managers regarding current and future levels of funding or activities.
Develop and coordinate new project and programme budgets in close collaboration with project managers.
Provide support to project managers throughout the project cycle to ensure compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures and any donor specific requirements.
Coordinate the financial and administrative aspects of agreements in close coordination with relevant project managers and the Office of Legal Affairs.
Undertake duty travel to provide administrative support and establish controls and procedures in the Sub-Offices as well as problem solving and guidance on complex resources management issues. Represent the Organization at relevant high level and interagency meetings.
Maintain liaison with governmental, intergovernmental and other partner entities to ensure smooth implementation of IOM operations at all levels.
Manage the Mission’s office premises, equipment, vehicles and supplies.
Support and offer guidance to staff and Sub-Offices in IOM administrative issues, local institutions and regulations and human resources issues in order to increase their effectiveness. Liaise with HQs and Missions in the Region to obtain/forward information and coordinate activities.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Management experience accompanied by background in finance, accounting and budgeting;
• Knowledge of IPSAS, IOM financial management and accounting systems, software and procedures (SAP highly desirable);
• Good knowledge of human resources management;
• Knowledge of financial oversight;
• High level of computer literacy, in particular experience in computerized accounting systems and software;
• Field experience a plus, including in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 02.07.2018 to 15.07.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/150 (P) – Senior Resources Management Officer (P4) – Juba, South Sudan
Posting: Posting NC55531506 (55531506) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT