Country: United States of America
Closing date: 31 Jul 2018
A global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals. Since its establishment in 2003, ICAP has worked towards its mission of improving the health of families and communities across the world.
With its roots in comprehensive, family-focused HIV services, ICAP is known for its collaborative and supportive approach to strengthening government health systems. ICAP implements innovative and sustainable health solutions through technical assistance; implementation support; capacity-building; and thought and innovation leadership.
Please visit ICAP’s website for more information.
ICAP is seeking qualified and experienced applicants for the role of Senior Technical Clinical Lead to oversee clinical and counseling aspects of CDC’s Public Health Surveillance of Recent HIV Infection and Response under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
This position is contingent upon successful proposal outcome and donor approval.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Senior Technical Advisor-Clinical Services will be responsible for the development of program objectives and workplans and provision of technical direction and guidance of all clinical and counseling-related project activities. S/he provides leadership and is responsible for overseeing the management, mentorship and capacity building of clinical and counseling professionals.
In close collaboration with ministries of health and CDC:
- Provide direction to highly skilled clinicians and counseling staff
- Lead the review and approval, ensuring consistency and quality, of the clinical and counseling related aspects of HIVrecency testing and counseling protocol design, training, implementation and evaluation
- Design and oversee the implementation of strategies to strengthen and enhance counseling and testing capacity within each focus country, including strategies to build the skills of in-country testing and counseling personnel to conduct HIVrecency test counseling and referral for enhanced prevention services, including partner notification/index testing
- Oversee the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for counseling components of the project
- Oversee the development and implementation of quality control measures for HIV recency counseling and referral for enhanced prevention services
- Provide TA to the National HIV program on priority prevention interventions including but not limited to index testing, interventions for HIV-negative contacts and enhanced counselling approaches
- Represent the project on clinical and counseling issues
- Liaise with other members of multidisciplinary project teams, including leadership, strategic information, laboratory and procurement and operational staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MD or MPH with additional experience
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years’ experience in delivering HIV care and treatment services or 10 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS program management with an MPH
- Extensive experience in HIV care and treatment program management.
- Ability to supervise technical staff, develop projects/activities, set realistic priorities, workplans and timelines, and evaluate appropriately.
- Experience with health care programs in resource-constrained settings and with local government partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, sponsors, sub-contractors and other partners.
- Good writing and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Periodic international travel throughout project countries to support the planning and implementation of project.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and CV by email with subject title “1942-Senior Technical Clinical Lead” to email@example.com.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI