Organization: Tra Vinh University
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 01 Aug 2018
Position: International Collaboration Officer
About Tra Vinh University (TVU): TVU is a young, public university in the Mekong Delta, 3 hours from Ho Chi Minh City. TVU offers a multi-level, multi-disciplinary, multi-training method model for its 33,000 students in 12 faculties, which include Economics and Law, Agri- & Aquaculture, Science & Technology, Khmer Studies, Foreign Languages, and Medicine. TVU strives to transfer knowledge to support and promote social and economic development for the province and the greater Mekong Delta.
Position Summary: An integral part of The School of Economics and Law, the full-time International Collaboration Officer supports faculty research and project promotion to advance the mission of Tra Vinh University. This position is a key role, working alongside staff and faculty from various offices and departments, for research funding, faculty development, and project implementation.
Reporting to: Mr. Diep Thanh Tung, Ph.D., Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Law, Tra Vinh University and Vice-Chair for International Collaboration
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
● Identify and examine potential research and/or development grants from donors such as the European Commission, USAID, the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, UN agencies, etc. and consider the eligibility for TVU;
● Discuss the workload, deadline and financial implications with Mr. Bang and present options to Mr. Tung;
● Draft logical frameworks and budgets;
● Manage and continuously update database for potential grant sources;
● Collaborate with domestic and international agencies to develop proposals for projects and research;
● Develop concept notes on topics including, but not limited to, trends in climate change research, SDG related issues, migration and indigenous knowledge, and solar energy;
● Help establish a routine and culture of the Project Promotion Working Group, which includes Deans and Vice-Deans of several faculties;
● Disseminate knowledge and enhance faculty understanding of international projects, funding resources, and research-writing skills.
● Assist with corrections of papers drafted in English (of students and/or research staff);
● Support faculty and staff interest in learning conversational English;
● Attend University events, meetings, and conferences related to international collaboration;
● Give an occasional guest lecture (with assistance from the lecturer).
● Show initiative and to be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
● Attention to detail and language is expected when drafting proposals;
● Experience with grant writing is an asset;
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including cross-cultural work experience;
● Native English speaker or equivalent.
● Initial contract of 1 year, starting as soon as possible. The visa application can take up to 2 months, depending on your nationality
● Working time is 40 hours a week (7am-11am and 1pm-5pm Monday-Friday with limited nights and weekends)
● 13 days off per year plus official holidays.
● 450 USD gross salary, paid at the beginning of each month, in VND (according to the State Bank of Viet Nam exchange rate from the date of signing the employment contract). The cost of living in the Mekong Delta region is significantly cheaper than this.
● Obligatory deduction of 1.5% of the salary for comprehensive medical insurance.
● Free housing, electricity, gas, internet and access to a bicycle on Campus 1 of TVU in Tra Vinh City.
● Pick up and drop off from Ho Chi Minh City airport (SGN) provided by the university.
● Flights, passport or visa-costs are not covered by the university.
● 1 month notice for any changes or termination of the contract.
How to apply:
Please send your CV of maximum 3 pages and a cover letter of maximum 1 page in 1 PDF-document to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com before 1 August 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for a Skype interview.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI