Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 16 Jul 2018
Position Title : Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Sana’a, Yemen
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 July 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Yemen and direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and relevant units in Headquarters (HQs), Administrative Centres (MAC and PAC) and Regional Office (RO), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for coordinating and monitoring the budgetary and financial resources functions of the mission / sub office in accordance with IOM financial regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist the SRMO to monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in Mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the Mission.
Coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
Forecast cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
Assist the SRMO in preparation of annual budget for the Mission, monitor budget control and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
Assist in the supervision of the Mission’s administrative functions, including recruitment, retention, promotion, separation, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, as well as banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
In close coordination with the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer and relevant HR staff in PAC and MAC, provide guidance and assist the SRMO in managing the human resources function, pre-screen candidates for recruitment, apply HR policies, rules and regulations, and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
Supervise and train staff and project managers on IOM’s administrative/financial policies and procedures; evaluate regular financial reports and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends.
Liaise with relevant units at HQs and RO with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in accounting, budgeting, financial management and reporting;
• Experience in preparing clear and concise financial and management reports;
• Experience working in and with international institutions;
• Knowledge of MS Office products and good computer literacy skills are required;
• Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP an advantage;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting system, software and procedures, Common System regulations, policies and procedures are a distinct advantage;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 July 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 03.07.2018 to 16.07.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/132 (P) – Resources Management Officer (P3) – Sana’a, Yemen (55504475) Released
Posting: Posting NC55504484 (55504484) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT