Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 27 Aug 2018
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular s/he will:
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day assistance to beneficiaries in the FAP centre;
- Provide excellent migrant service to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Service Standards;
- Assist and guide migrants in the completion of the VIDEX online application form as per checklists and conduct completeness checks on all documentation before their visa appointment, and fill in the questionnaires when required;
- Provide migrants with accurate information in a timely manner. This will include distributing information sheets, the Integration Handbook and visa requirement checklists; assisting with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications); and informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
Organize the files of the applicants based on the instructions of the German Consular staff and in full compliance with the IOM Service Standards;
Data Capture: Maintain high degree of skill in using IOM internal software platforms; enter required applicant data, lodge application documents in the required order in IOM-designated folders for applicants to submit to Embassy at their scheduled interview time;
Call center service: responsible for outreach to families and principle applicants to answer questions and provide remote guidance on form filling, visa requirements and general information;
Appointment scheduling: Ensure appointment system for applicants coming to FAP is operated effectively;
Reporting: Maintain records of all applications and contact with principle applicants and report these records periodically in a timely manner;
Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times;
Maintain positive working relationships with German Consular staff locally;
Inform management of any problems or issues immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff members within the FAP and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience
• Experience: Minimum 03 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
English and Tigrinya is required; working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
▪ Takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
▪ Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
▪ Works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
▪ Promotes continuous learning for self and others
▪ Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
▪ Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
Leadership and Negotiation
▪ Develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
▪ Identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
Planning and Organizing
▪ Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
▪ Displays mastery of subject matter
▪ Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
▪ Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
▪ Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter not later than Monday, August 27, 2018 at 17:00 O’clock, Cairo time on www.egypt.iom.int
In addition, please note that only the applications which would have been duly done, and which would have been submitted and received through IOM website within the announced time frame would be valid & considered for the announced vacancy.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT