Organization: Government of Sweden
Closing date: 30 Aug 2018
The Embassy of Sweden in Amman is recruiting a Programme Administrator as part of the Development Cooperation team. The position will be full time from 1 October 2018 with a trial period of six months with the intention of translating it into a permanent position during 2019.
Background and rationale
The Embassy of Sweden opened in Jordan in 1981. Swedish-Jordanian relations builds on mutual trust and strong Swedish engagement with the Government, private sector and civil society of Jordan. Among the Embassy’s areas of work is a responsibility for the initiation and follow-up of Sweden’s Middle East/Northern Africa (MENA) regional development cooperation programme.
The position as Programme Administrator is new as part of an expansion of the Development Cooperation Section, which operates under the authority of the Ambassador and the Sida MENA Unit Director.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Financial follow-up for contributions in line with Sida’s rules and regulations.
• Scrutinize and process payments in contributions.
• Support programme officers with registration of documents in archive.
• Support team members in their use of Sida’s various administrative systems (financial management system, program appraisal and monitoring system, and personnel reporting system).
• Support in procurement and call-offs from framework agreements.
• Update administrative manuals (Office Manual, Anti-Corruption Plan, Communication Plan) as part of Embassy-wide routines.
• Support development cooperation staff in arranging meetings, travels and seminars.
• Participate in field visits and meetings with implementing partners as and when needed, including interpretation and translation between Arabic and English.
• Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
• University degree in relevant field of social or political science, finance, management or accounting.
• Read, write and speak English and Arabic fluently. Versatility in Swedish is an additional advantage.
• Work experience as a programme or administrative support function or quality assurance.
• A minimum of three years of experience working in administrative work preferably closely related to support of programme activities. Experience with international organizations or bilateral development cooperation will be an asset.
• Educational and/or work experience in accounting and administration, plus preferably knowledge of development work.
• Take a proactive role in problem solving, value cooperative team effort and be results driven especially in demanding periods of work.
• Skilled user of computer and standard office applications and a high level of organization with attention to details and quality.
• Communicate with tact and discretion to help build positive relations with development partners.
• An opportunity to work at an embassy with strong ethical values and for a country with reputation for its contribution to sustainable development globally.
• Opportunities to learn and develop a personal network in the community of development practitioners in Jordan, the region, Sweden and globally.
• An international, modern, friendly work environment where we focus on results and on teamwork.
• An opportunity to work independently and with a great deal of responsibility.
• Functional and modern office spaces in Abdoun, Amman.
• A competitive salary and benefits (annual vacations, pension etc.) based on personal qualifications and performance.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send a personal letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) in English with the reference number 5/2018 by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 August 2018. Questions regarding the post can be sent to the same e-mail address.
Selected candidates will be asked to present at least 3 references and submit certificates, after which interviews will be conducted at the Embassy. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV