Organization: Peace Corps
Closing date: 29 Aug 2018
Position status: Full time/local hire
Location: Dakar, Senegal with up to 40% travel within Senegal
Compensation: Gross salary + benefits: 16,797,100 CFA to 18,297,776 CFA/annum.
The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Program and Training Specialist for Health. The position is based in Dakar, Senegal and reports directly to the Associate Peace Corps Director for the Community Health Project (APCD). The Program and Training Specialist for Health (PTS) will provide on-going support to PC/Senegal’s Health program and conduct training for Health Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) and counterparts. The incumbent will also provide technical support to PCVs. Ideal candidate will have a degree in public health with deep professional experience in community health projects. Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
a. Education: A Bachelor degree in public health, community health or other related health area.
b. Prior Work Experience:
• At least four years practical experience in the field of community health, particularly in the areas of maternal child health, nutrition and malaria education/treatment;
• Successful completion of short courses and/or training program in areas directly related to the sector is highly desirable;
• Experience with participatory community appraisal method;
• Proven experience in training design and implementation;
• Experience supporting/coordinating people from other cultures;
• Knowledge of Senegal Health systems is a must.
c. Language Proficiency:
• Ability to read, write and speak both French and English fluently (F4 level).
• Proficiency in speaking and writing in one or more national languages of Senegal;
d. Skills and abilities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required;
• Understanding of Senegalese and American cultures;
• Enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues from multicultural backgrounds
• Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced work environment;
• Strong desire to work with, support and supervise American Volunteers, primarily young people
• Ability to train and facilitate trainings with American and Senegalese audiences
• Capacity to travel frequently throughout Senegal and often in rough roads.
How to apply:
The full positions description and requirement are available upon request by sending an email to
Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casier Judiciaire;
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal.
All applications should be submitted electronically and in English to HRSenegal@peacecorps.gov with “**PTS HE**” in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Wednesday August 29, 2018.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV