Closing date: 04 Sep 2018
International expert in institutional development (m/f) – Kampala, Uganda
Teacher training education project
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
Teacher education is one of the key strategic priorities of the Education Sector in Uganda. Belgium has provided support to Teacher Education since 2011 through the Teacher Training Education (TTE) project, whose second phase is currently being implemented.
Under the second phase of TTE project, particular attention is given to the 5 National Teachers’ Colleges (NTCs), responsible for training ‘S1-S4′ secondary school teachers.
The project specific objective aims at strengthening the capacity and competence of NTCs in producing competent teachers through its 3 project components:
1) Institutional development;
2) Rehabilitation and extension of existing infrastructure; and
3) Quality of teacher training by introducing learner-centered methodologies and by examining strategies to promote the use of ICT in order to improve the quality of learning.
As international expert for Institutional Development (ID), s/he will :
· Organise the planning, implementation and monitoring of ID activities at the level of the central government (Teacher Instructor Education & Training, Construction Management Unit and Procurement Disposal Unit) and National Teachers’ Colleges in order to improve their strategic, financial, human resource and academic management skills.
· Manage Human Resources.
· Work in close coordination with other project components, especially for the support to the Construction Management Unit and academic/human resources management (pedagogy component).
· A Master degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management or other relevant field related to Institutional Development
· At least 5 years’ experience in institutional development and 2 years’ experience in the Education Sector
· At least 5 years’ experience in implementation of international cooperation project
· Proven relevant experience in supervising staff
· Good knowledge of school management, public finance management, procurement and public sector reform
· Good communication, presentation and facilitation skills
· Clear and concise writing skills (reports, technical documents)
· Fluency in English
We offer you
A contract of 20 months based in Kampala (regular field visits to the National Teachers’ colleges)
Monthly salary package: (cat.2 – B417) between 5.288,32 euro and 7.524,32 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
Are you interested?
Is your profile matching the one we are looking for?
Do not hesitate and send us your application letter and updated CV, at the latest by September 4th 2018 via our website: https://www.enabel.be/content/jobs
How to apply:
Through our website: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=C0000960484P&career_ns=job_listing_summary&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&site=VjItRG9OVktVYS9CQ3J3RmtmaHoxaFpSQT09&_s.crb=5HJpzMkW00GmamxVFSvR9uRQSyU%3d&rcm_site_locale=en_US
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV