Organization: MENTOR Initiative
Country: Central African Republic
Closing date: 05 Oct 2018
The MENTOR Initiative (MENTOR) is a “not for profit”, non-governmental organization devoted to reducing death and suffering from malaria and other Vector Born Diseases in humanitarian crises. MENTOR is currently providing ongoing emergency support to the most vulnerable communities in Liberia, Angola, Kenya, South Sudan, the Central African Republic (CAR), Syria and Southern Chad. MENTOR has worked in CAR since 2008, instigating an effective and innovative community healthcare approach across the North West of the country. This approach allows for primary healthcare to be delivered in locations in the most remote rural communities
Overall Job Purpose
Finance & Administration Coordinator
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will assist the MENTOR Initiative Central African Republic mission in achieving programme objectives in a timely manner and support the Country Director (CD) with the strategic development of responses to identified needs on the ground and donor funding opportunities. The consultant will establish, update and maintain the organisation’s standardised financial, administrative and human resource systems and processes in CAR, and will ensure the implementation of these at all levels of the organisation’s country programmes. In this context, the Finance and Admin Coordinator is part of the country management team. They must be fluent in both French and English.
Reports and information when required will be submitted to the Capital Management Team in Bangui (presided by Country Director and further consists of Logistics Coordinator and Health Program Coordinator).
· Ensure that good quality finance and administration systems as per the standard MENTOR Initiative guidelines are functioning and maintained in the program and across all bases.
· Ensure correct account management for all grants in accordance with the grant agreement(s)
· Supervise and provide training on finance and administration procedures to the concerned staff members in the MENTOR Initiative
· Supervise the use and understanding of the MENTOR accountancy software by the concerned staff (local and international) in each field base.
· Ensure that all members of the MENTOR team are trained in and respect the MENTOR Finance and Administration procedures.
· Prepare monthly electronic and paper reports on expenditure against project budget(s) and send these together with all hardcopy receipts and other expenditure-related paperwork, including bank statements, to the MENTOR Initiative Grants Management Team at HQ level.
· Prepare monthly budget control overviews for each base in the mission
· Support the Country Director with ensuring compliance to all Grant agreements for financial reporting and procurement. This includes field level compliance to all legal aspects of the grant agreement
· On the basis of cash available in-country, planned expenditure and budget available, ensure that regular Requests for Cash Advances are sent to the HQ grants manager.
· Overall responsible for salary / fee payments to all local team members including daily workers as required.
· Overall responsibility for distributing ICLA and security cash (when required) to international team members as well as reimbursement of approved expenses.
· Maintain a MENTOR bank account in the programme country
· Attend monthly finance coordination meetings with other NGOs
· Follow up on all rental agreements for the MENTOR Initiative guesthouse(s), office(s), and vehicles, etc. and renew rental agreements when necessary
· Follow up on government demands and decrees that have direct impact on the mission’s work.
· When necessary, follow-up on the MENTOR Initiative’s registration in country with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other local actors
· Assists in external meetings (administration and Human Resource cluster, NGO forum etc) to represent The MENTOR Initiative when necessary. Minutes of meetings are to be set up and shared afterwards.
· Assist the CD with any other administrative tasks as required
· Responsible for all administrative aspects of local staff recruitment. This includes set up of non-technical job descriptions and assisting with the editing of technical job descriptions, posting adverts, organizing interviews, etc.
· Ensure that standard salary scale and per diem polices are in place and updated regularly upon validation from MENTOR Grants Management Team.
· Ensure compliance with all local government taxation and labour regulations concerning employment contracts.
· In collaboration with the CD, oversee that national staff adheres to The MENTOR Initiative contracts, sexual harassment policies, code of conduct, conflict of interest and internal rules.
· Chair monthly meetings with national staff and follow up on demands and suggestions
· Assist in monthly meetings with national staff delegates
· In collaboration with the CD and other line managers, ensure that international team members respect internal rules and policies in relation to the management of national staff under their responsibility.
· Responsible for all expat administration including the role as focal point for international flights, holiday planning and contract changes (i.e. extensions)
· Focal point, in cooperation with the CD, for the national labour inspection (including for all legal complaints issued by national staff)
· Assist the CD with writing of Memorandums of Understanding
· When required, represent the MENTOR Initiative in external coordination meetings (including donor related meetings)
· At the request of the CD, provide finance/admin and/or human resources support during field or assessment missions.
Reporting / Proposal writing
· Advise and assist the CD in the creation of viable new proposals and budgets
· As part of the MT, draft budget proposals based on current and planned expenditure within the donor frame works.
· As required, assist the CD and the HQ grants manager with budget reporting to donors so that these are prepared and submitted in a timely manner, as per the grant agreements.
· Participate in the elaboration of regular internal situation reports (‘sitreps’) for subjects directly related to the responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
How to apply:
Send CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Applications sent without a letter of motivation will not be considered
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI