Organization: MENTOR Initiative
Country: Central African Republic
Closing date: 05 Oct 2018
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Work Base: Bangui (Central African Republic) with occasional travel to the field (25%)
Responsible to: Country Director (MENTOR CAR)
Duration: 12 months
Start date: 1st November 2018
Fee: USD 3,500 per month depending on experience
The MENTOR Initiative is looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator for our mission in the Central African Republic. The Logistics Coordinator is a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) and as such actively assists The MENTOR Initiative Central African Republic in achieving programme objectives in a timely manner. The Logistics Coordinator works closely with the Country Director, the Finance Coordinator and the Medical Coordinator to provide logistical and operational support as per logical frameworks and/or in accordance with the programme grant/award specifications. The Logistics Coordinator manages a team comprising of both expatriate and national logistical staff.
The main responsibilities of this post include the following:
Asset and stock management
· Responsible for the regular maintenance of a complete, transparent and detailed list of assets
· Ensure all programme assets are recorded and monitored / maintained
· Ensure that MENTOR standard procedures in terms of stock cards, waybills, stock requests, and inventories are in place for stock management of all goods stored in the mission except for pharmaceuticals
· Ensure that donor procedures are adhered to in terms of stock management and logistics coordination
· As per request of the Medical Coordinator, assist with correct management of MENTOR Initiative pharmaceutical stock
· Coordinate and ensure the maintenance and repair of all generators, communication equipment and IT equipment
· Coordinate the logistical filing system to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and logs documentation e.g. way bills
· As security focal point, carry out and update a full security assessment of the areas where MENTOR is operational
· In close collaboration with the Country Director, coordinate and analyse security information received from the field, from team members in Bangui and from external stakeholders
· In collaboration with the Country Director, ensure regular updates of security guidelines for the MENTOR team members in the mission
· Directly responsible for all logistical aspects of security management (hibernation kits, physical structures and fencing, vehicles, communication equipment and security training of drivers and guards)
· Responsible for identifying strategies to improve the MENTOR vehicle fleet in CAR and communicating these to HQ. This includes options for procuring suitable vehicles (new and/or second hand) for the mission as well as rental when appropriate.
· Coordinate and ensure the maintenance and repair of all vehicles. This includes long term solutions for quality maintenance by skilled people.
· Ensure the proper usage of vehicle log books, fuel consumption, daily / weekly routine checks etc.
· Keep current documentation, maintenance and insurance of all vehicles used by the MENTOR Initiative in the Programme.
· In close collaboration with the HQ Operations Support Officer, directly responsible for coordinating and follow up on all international procurement including pharmaceutical orders
· Directly responsible for all local procurement of programme entrants and operational support items. This includes supervising that MENTOR standard procedures are applied and respected at all levels for national procurement.
· Directly responsible, with the local logistical team, for the consignment and customs clearance of all goods (including pharmaceuticals) purchased internationally.
Office / accommodation maintenance
· In collaboration with the Country Director, oversee the identification and set-up of new bases as required. This includes coordination of potential renovation work, electrical fittings, sanitation
· Procurement and maintenance of essential items for mission bases (generator, internet, water supply, computers, communications equipment)
· In close collaboration with the Country Director, ensure security precautions are adequate for all mission bases as per context requirements
· If required, source secure warehousing facilities
· Direct line management of the logistics team in the MENTOR base in Bangui (national logistics officers, drivers, mechanics and guards)
· Technical management of all logistics officers in the field bases (they are under direct line management of the Base Coordinators)
· If required, organise for recruitment of logistical staff as required and following MENTOR standard recruitment procedures
· Participation in / organisation of regular team meetings as required.
· Ensure that the MENTOR code of conduct and internal rules and regulations are adhered to and respected
· Support the logistical aspects of distribution of LLINs
· Ensure back up logistics for IRS campaigns as required
· As required, provide logistically related information for proposals and budget designs for new grant submissions
· Work within MENTOR’s consortium structure to identify and secure ways of working more collaboratively with consortium partners, ensuring better value for money and program efficiency
· At least 4 years field experience as logistician in emergency settings, including direct experience of security management
· Solid prior experience working in complicated security contexts an advantage
· Knowledge of donor procedures
· Organised and good coordination / management skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in French
· English language skills considered as an advantage
· Team player
· Proven capacity to train others
· Flexible and willing to learn
· Practical, hands on approach
How to apply:
Send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI