Organization: Int’l Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
Closing date: 24 Sep 2018
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Social Media Officer. The position is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
· Create a social media engagement strategy and an execution plan
· Create a social media marketing calendar
· Develop and maintain a database of bloggers and strategic networks on science/research for development
· Write crisp and immersive copy for social media posts
· Track social media performance matrix and generate reports to align with the outreach targets
· Manage the CRM database for newsletters and emailers
· Build capacity of scientists and experts by providing an orientation for creating a following and presence on social media.
· Bachelor’s degree with post graduate qualification in mass communication or social media
· At least 3 years of relevant experience with a content driven organization in a social media marketing role
· Experience of writing for the web
· Good understanding and interest for science, smallholder farming challenges in developing countries and development issues
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English
· Experience of social media management
· Knowledge of social media application, photo and video software
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Experience working in a multicultural team will be preferred
· Ability to work on own as well as in a team depending on the need
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 24 September 2018, at https://www.icrisat.org/careers/ with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI