Organization: Wellcome Trust
Closing date: 02 Oct 2018
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
The Programme is searching for a qualified, dynamic and motivated person to fill the following position:
Executive Administrative Assistant:
JOB DIMENSIONS: This post includes key administrative and secretarial responsibilities in two departments in the Programme, HSRE and CLG. This includes operational management responsibilities for routine running of these departments, with a particular focus on managing data and records directly and through supervising the activities of data entry clerks (two).
- Put in place and maintain effective administrative systems such as records and database management and filing systems and ensure that these are safe, accessible, and regularly maintained.
- Direct line management for Data Entry Clerks (two) to ensure accurate and efficient data entry, transcription and translation processes for quantitative and qualitative data and other records generated within the departments, including liaison with external agencies where these are used to support data transcription. Maintain a logical archive of data generated for each department.
- Provide secretarial support to the PIs, Head of Community Engagement and other senior staff in the office as required.
- Manage procurement and supplies and maintain an inventory of equipment: Ordering, procurement and documentation of equipment and supplies within HSRE & CLG Kilifi, and maintaining an overall record of status and allocation of common items of equipment used, including computers, cameras and digital voice recorders.
- Assist with organising inter and intra departmental meetings, take minutes, distribute and collate meeting agendas and follow up with relevant staff on agreed action points.
- Assist with organising seminars, workshops and training events including booking venues, sending our invites etc. and liaise with other relevant Programme staff and teams as necessary.
- Receive and attend to visitors, respond to general enquiries and guide visitors to the correct offices / staff as required.
- Receive and direct calls, take clear messages and handle telephone enquirie.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration. Office Management or equivalent.
- At least 8 years’ experience in providing support to top executives and senior management teams
- Considerable knowledge of office procedures and secretarial practices including organization, planning, records management and general administrative skills
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Excellent planning, co-ordinating and organisation skills
- Proactive with a well-developed capacity for follow through
- Attentive to detail with initiative and flexibility
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity **
How to apply:
To apply for this post please click on the link below:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI