Organization: Wellcome Trust
Closing date: 19 Sep 2018
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
The Programme is searching for a qualified, dynamic and motivated person to fill the following position:
POLICY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
- Work with programme scientists to map policy stakeholders relevant to the programme’s work, and develop a policy engagement strategy aimed at these stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of the programmes policy engagement strategy
- Work with identified stakeholders to map local and international policy engagement spaces (e.g. meetings, technical working groups, policy development processes) identify relevant engagement spaces, and facilitate programme’s engagement in these spaces
- Engage proactively with local, regional and international stakeholders, through dissemination of key results, organization of formal and informal exchanges, and ensuring needs and priorities as identified by policy makers feed into research processes
- Expand the programme’s policy links through the establishment of contact with relevant national and sub-national policymakers and regional/international networks.
- In consultation with the programme scientists, develop and implement plans for the synthesis, dissemination and uptake of research amongst key stakeholders, both nationally and internationally
- Support programme researchers in the development and implementation of research uptake plans for specific research projects
- Identify and pursue opportunities to promote programme research; facilitating and contributing to the use of research evidence by policy-makers, practitioners and other stakeholders
- Develop and disseminate user friendly/lay research uptake materials – Policy briefs, Research briefs, infographics, podcasts, videocasts etc
- Develop research dissemination content for the programme’s website – news stories, research bulletins, etc.
- A relevant Master’s degree (e.g. Public health, Health policy, Public policy, Science communication, Policing and Governance) will be an added advantage
- A first degree in Public health, Health policy, Public relations, Public policy, Journalism, Communications or related field;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience preferably in a health research or health development institution and 3 years of which in a key role in policy engagement, science communication, or research uptake.
- Experience in designing multimedia research dissemination outputs (e.g. Policy briefs, infographics, podcasts, short videos and other web-based materials)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Graphics and web design skills
How to apply:
To apply for this position please click on the link below:-
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI