Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 05 Oct 2018
RTI seeks Chief of Party candidates for the USAID/Philippines-funded Family Planning/Maternal and Neonatal Health (FP/MNH) Innovations and Capacity Building Platforms Project. The project will launch at the end of calendar year 2018 and seek to improve health for underserved Filipinos. Through deep engagement with local actors and systems, the project will focus on the principles of sustainability and self-reliance to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthen health behaviors, utilizing both information and new/relevant community partners.
- Fortify quality of service delivery, using patient-centered approaches to diagnosis, care and treatment, and provider mentoring.
- Bolster and institutionalize key health system functions – training, provision of commodities, regional and local governance and financial risk planning and budgeting.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight for the project and ensures timely implementation and reporting of activities. The COP is the focal point for all management decisions and oversees the Senior Management Team. She/he will have direct oversight of the DCOP, Operations Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning and Adapting (MERLA) Director and the Innovation Platform Sr. Advisor.
- Bear ultimate responsibility for all project management and operations, including financial management, cost control, sub recipient management, performance monitoring, financial reporting, and client relations.
- Serve as RTI’s project liaison to USAID/Philippines, host government counterparts, local organizations, other stakeholders and program partners.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
- Responsible for the overall performance and results of the project, including management and oversight of the program’s technical, operational, and administrative staff.
- Interface regularly with USAID on management and decision-making. Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
- Develop and implement annual program work and performance milestone plans and negotiates an agreement of those plans with USAID and other partner organizations. Lead annual project work planning and reporting and be the principal point of contact with USAID, Department of Health (DOH), other implementing partners.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Conduct day-to-day management of the project from Manila and through frequent travel to supported NGOs, provinces and regions.
- With the Operations Director, adapts and implements management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement, ensuring appropriate financial resources, monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Directly supervise senior technical and operational staff members.
Education and Experience:
· Master’s degree in public health, health systems management, health policy, or an advanced degree in a related field. University degree (or higher) in clinical health field (nursing, medicine, surgery) is preferred.
· Minimum of 14 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for health projects focused on areas including health systems strengthening, family planning (FP)/ reproductive health (RH) and/or maternal/child health (MCH).
· Senior-level expertise in any of the following technical areas: RH/FP; MCH; Health Finance; Systems Strengthening. Experience with RH programming is required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior management roles with financial and technical oversight responsibilities.
· Experience working as COP or DCOP for USG-funded project is highly desirable with proven capacity to effectively manage project funds and geographically-disparate staff.
· Experience in Southeast Asia is preferred. Experience in Philippines is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
· Demonstrated success in complex health program management including experience in the followings: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and fielding and managing short term technical assistance for donor-funded programs (preferably USAID-funded programs).
· Ability to develop a common vision among partners and lead multi-disciplinary teams.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.
· Ability and willingness to live and work in the Philippines.
How to apply:
To apply, please click the link below: (you will redirect to the position posted on RTI’s careers site):
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI