Organization: University of Global Health Equity
Closing date: 18 Oct 2018
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing a LAN, WAN, and Helpdesk team according to best practices, while nurturing positive relationships with staff and leadership. They will be reporting to the Director of Campus Operations to ensure that the IT infrastructure team is efficient, effective, and can adapt to both changing circumstances and growing needs of the academic programs.
- Support the academic and operational goals of the University in all aspects of the IT Infrastructure, Including WLAN, LAN, WAN, Helpdesk Team
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating organizational requirements
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues relative to IT software and hardware in a timely manner, including documentation of the supported components and procedures
- Oversee the development and administration of help desk training procedures and policies
- Maintain full coverage for help desk duties to ensure organizational IT needs are met
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure IT infrastructure health by monitoring, tracking, and reporting on critical IT resources
- Participate in all IT and security audits, hardware and software evaluations, and maintain vendor relations
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Assist in establishing capital and annual budgets that result in a cost-effective, reliable, and efficient IT environment.
- At least 5 or more years of NGO/nonprofit/education or relevant experience
- Bachelors / Masters Degree in IT or related field preferred
- English proficiency required; Kinyarwanda proficiency preferred.
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity
- Proven working experience as an IT manager with ability to manage personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work well with all levels within an organization specifically within the culture and processes used in educational organizations.
- Experience supporting educational technology needs for hardware and software in a healthcare/campus environment, including SmartBoards, document cameras, sound systems, video, projectors, etc.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, including setup and operational knowledge of Windows, Mac OS X.
- Experience setting up, configuring, and managing network components, including firewalls, routers, switches, point to point bridges, and wireless access points.
- Strong understanding and experience working with Ubiquiti and Meraki hardware.
- Strong proficiency managing Mac OS X environment.
- Experienced in managing Audio/Video Presentation in classroom and conference room setting.
- Strong proficiency supporting Google Suite environment, classroom, users, listserves, google drive, and other google apps.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives.
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing, ability to present clear, precise and accurate reports and documentation.
- Knowledge of student data systems and classroom presentation processes.
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with vendors and consultants, contract negotiations, creating RFP’s, and ensuring SLA’s are met.
- High energy, passion, and dedication to the organizational mission and values.
- Customer service oriented approach to support.
How to apply:
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI