Country: South Africa
Closing date: 31 Oct 2018
The Implementation Advisor will oversee and coordinate the activities of the three Regional teams working to build partner capabilities in Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) for HIV/AIDS and TB programs in priority districts and health facilities in South Africa. Working closely with the Project Director s/he will support strategic planning and project implementation.
Project Title: Optimizing Performance through Improving Quality (OPIQ) in Programs Supported by South Africa under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief PEPFAR
Location: South Africa
Project Description: This project will work to build the capacity of CDC implementing partners and the South Africa Department of Health (DOH) to use quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement (QI) methodology to improve performance of HIV and TB programs in South Africa in order to reach epidemic control.
- Support strategic planning, project design, and workplan development, in partnership with the Project Director.
- Closely monitor workplan implementation, with a focus on the activities of the project’s Provincial teams and Province- and District-level activities.
- Coordinate the material and technical inputs needed to ensure that ICAP project staff and Provincial teams have the resources necessary to meet targets and deliver high-quality technical assistance and capacity building.
- Closely monitor program indicators, in partnership with the M&E Advisor, and develop rapid action plans if objectives/targets are not being achieved as planned;
- Conduct regular field visits to ICAP Provincial offices to identify and disseminate best practices and to identify and mitigate implementation challenges and delays.
- Develop and implement quality monitoring assurance SOPs, tools, and reports; ensure adherence to protocol, SOPs, and other appropriate regulations, procedures, and policies
- Facilitate and provide technical support in planning and implementing evaluation activities, including protocol design, implementation, data collection, data analysis and reporting writing.
- At the direction of the Project Director, liaise with representatives from local partner institutions (including the Ministry of Health and CDC) to discuss progress of the project and address any challenges or issues that arise during conduct of the project.
- Document project activities and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories, and other written materials.
- Other duties as required.
Requires a MD, PhD, MPH or equivalent professional degree.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Eight years of experience working on HIV related public health projects in the field of HIV care and treatment for adults or children.
- Minimum five years of experience in the supervision of implementation of HIV related programming, with a preference for experience in the design, delivery, and evaluation of HIV programming preferably in South Africa.
- Excellent communication, writing, and quantitative skills including the development of measurable objectives, operational plans, and measurable indicators/targets for public health programs and projects.
- Demonstrated experience working in project-based environments requiring the management of multiple and often overlapping priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working singly with a minimum of supervision and also working in a team-based environment functioning as part of a technical assistance team.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing).
Periodic travel throughout South Africa to support project planning and implementation.
How to apply:
Please combine your CV and cover letter into a single document, and save as “1921_Yourlastname.” Send by email with subject title, “1921 Implementation Advisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice: This position’s availability is contingent upon award to ICAP.
This job posting summarizes the principal duties and responsibilities of this position, and is in no way a contract of employment. Actual scope of tasks will be determined by Management, who reserve the right revise and edit this document at any point.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI