Organization: Small Arms Survey
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
PERIOD OF CONTRACT: Permanent contract
ACTIVITY RATE: 70-100 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 15-10-2018
General description of the position
The Small Arms Survey—a global centre of excellence whose mandate is to generate evidence-based, impartial, and policy-relevant knowledge on all aspects of small arms and armed violence—is seeking a communications and publications assistant (full-time or part-time) to be based in its Geneva offices to work on a variety of communications-and publishing-related tasks.
Mission and activities
The communications and publications assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Carrying out analytics to monitor and evaluate the Survey’s reach and impact;
- Updating the website;
- Creating social media content;
- Creating visuals and videos to promote Small Arms Survey outputs;
- Supporting the coordination of the publication process for Small Arms Survey outputs;
- Engaging in proofreading, photo research, and the development of infographics;
- Supporting the coordination of the publication translation process
- Liaising with authors, fact-checkers, editors, designers, cartographers, and photo agencies;
- Supporting the development and maintenance the Survey’s contact database;
- Supporting launches and events; and
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the Survey’s publications inventory and library.
- A degree or equivalent in media, public relations; communications, graphic design, journalism, or social science;
- Proven ability in handling a number of different tasks with tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Native English or native French; proficiency in French if not a native speaker/ proficiency in English if not a native speaker;
- Proficiency in desktop publishing and graphic design softwares;
- Experiencing in website management.
- Proficiency in Oxford English style;
- Interest in security studies;
- Background in graphic design;
- Experience in producing visuals or videos.
How to apply:
Apply for this position through the Graduate Institute’s website: https://erecruit.graduateinstitute.ch/recrutement/?page=advertisement_display&id=194
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI