Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2018
RTI is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded Inform Asia Cooperative Agreement. Inform Asia’s mandate is to provide high-quality technical assistance to the national malaria control programs in both Thailand and Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR) in their quest to achieve malaria elimination. Inform Asia has three objectives:
Strengthened malaria surveillance systems in Thailand and Lao PDR;
Research activities conducted to evaluate strategies and tools for implementation and scale-up for malaria elimination; and
Strengthened capacity of the national malaria programs to generate, analyze, and use strategic information
The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand, and activities are conducted in both Thailand and Lao PDR. Some travel within Thailand and the region will be required.
An essential role of the COP is high-level technical representation and coordination with USAID, host country counterparts and other donors and projects, as necessary. S/he will be responsible for the achievement of agreed-upon project results and the oversight of project activities, including timely submission of workplans and other reports and documentation. The COP will have direct financial and project management oversight.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and strategic technical direction for Inform Asia as a whole.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative and collaborative relationship with colleagues from USAID. Ensure timely and regular formal and informal communication with, and reporting to USAID. Undertake joint planning with, and keep USAID abreast of issues and challenges that may emerge over the life of the project. Engage in joint and early problem-solving, as needed.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with counterparts from the national malaria programs and provincial and district health authorities from Thailand and Lao PDR and with other stakeholders, including multilateral organizations, other USAID-funded, international and local non-government and community-based organizations and community representatives. Undertake collaborative and joint planning as appropriate and actively promote information sharing and networking.
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project and for establishing the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project. Ensure the quality and timely completion of required reports.
- Develop and oversee implementation Inform Asia’s annual work plan including setting performance milestones, identifying deliverables, developing the budget and negotiating agreement of the plan and budget with USAID.
- Ensure that Inform Asia’s activities are meeting USAID and stakeholder expectations and that project results are reported and disseminated accordingly to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan. Ensure that the quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and any other reports and deliverables are submitted on-time and are of the highest quality.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the project’s Sustainability Plan and ensure regular reporting of progress to USAID and other stakeholders.
- Work with technical staff, USAID and counterparts to develop and maintain an evolving Communications Plan ensuring that the plan includes a schedule of strategic information and knowledge products to be released for multiple audiences and in multiple formats. Responsible for achieving milestones and meeting targets as outlined in the Communication Plan and ensuring that products are of high quality.
- Address contract-related issues, including ensuring that RTI financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used.
- Responsible for oversight and direction to all long- and short-term personnel under the contract, including management of consultants.
- Represent Inform Asia and RTI in national, regional and/or global meetings, consultative sessions and conferences.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree and/or PhD. in public health, clinical or social sciences, international development, or a related field.
- Broad technical understanding of public health and international development. Comprehensive technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in malaria epidemiology, surveillance, prevention and control is highly desirable. Research experience and track record in peer-reviewed publications is also desirable.
- At least 12 years’ experience managing and leading technical, operational and administrative teams for complex health projects in South East Asia, preferably with experience in Thailand and Lao PDR.
- Five years senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of programs of similar size, complexity, and settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID and/or the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and procedures pertaining to activity design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Prior experience as a USAID Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party is highly desirable. Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated professional excellence in health program management including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing project work plans, developing project budgets, managing project implementation, monitoring project performance, and managing technical assistance teams
- Strong strategic planning, problem-solving, staff management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
- High level communication skills and able to fluently speak, read, and write excellent English.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Thailand and to Lao PDR.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a current CV with contact information via RTI Career Page. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short -listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI