Organization: Overseas Development Institute
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 26 Sep 2018
OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Research Officer/Senior Research Officer
– Social Protection and Social Policy Programme
Salary: Research Officer: £28,492 – £33,987 per annum
Senior Research Officer: £33,988 – £40,574 per annum
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable
and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
We are seeking to appoint a Research Officer or Senior Research Officer to join ODI’s Social Protection and Social Policy Programme. Under the supervision of a Research Fellow, the post holder will contribute to designing and delivering innovative, high-quality and policy-relevant research, policy advice and public-affairs initiatives. You will also contribute to the development of research proposals, provide project management support and be involved in the dissemination of research findings.
ODI’s Social Protection and Social Policy Programme (SPSPP) is a multidisciplinary research and advisory programme, focusing on social protection and social policy. It supports the design and implementation of effective social protection through high quality applied research and provides policy advice on key issues in social protection, mainly in low- and middle-income countries. Recent work by the team includes analysis of social protection and employment, policy options to extend social protection to marginalized and excluded groups, the effectiveness of social protection in a crisis, the distributional impact of taxes and transfers, and a comprehensive review of the evidence on the impacts of cash transfers
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from candidates with a strong background in social protection, social policy and research methods. Good knowledge of household survey tools and statistical and micro-econometric analysis is desirable. The candidate should have demonstrable experience in one/some of the following areas:
impact evaluation of social policies
social protection, work and employment
social protection and migration
social protection, risk and resilience
social policy and social protection financing
social protection, poverty, inequality and the SDGs.
A degree and post-graduate degree in relevant discipline.
Active knowledge of key international institutions in the sector and beyond.
Experience in producing research outputs.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate successfully and cultural awareness.
Excellent analytical and writing skills.
Good presentation and networking skills.
Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Ability to work in a team.
Willingness to travel.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Senior Research Officer
- A degree and post-graduate degree in relevant discipline.
- Active knowledge of key international institutions in the sector and beyond.
- Developing country work experience.
- Significant experience in an international policy development research environment, i.e. policy-oriented research, demonstrated by publications and reports.
- Experience in producing research outputs in a short period of time and for different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate successfully with a wide range of people and cultural awareness.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong presentation and networking skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Fluency in a language other than English and competency in others.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under minimal supervision, to accept responsibility and to respond with confidence to complex and evolving problems.
Closing date: 26 September 2018
Interview date: 11 October 2018
How to apply:
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at www.odi.org.uk/jobs. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 or email email@example.com.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI