Organization: University of Global Health Equity
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 17 Oct 2018
The ‘Prospect Research Associate’ will conduct pro-active and reactive in-depth research on individuals, corporations, and foundations to find those whose goals and interests best align with a philanthropic investment in the University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) and Partners In Health. As a member of the prospect research team, the associate will work alongside other members of the prospect research team and reports to both the PIH Director of Leadership Giving and Prospect Management and the UGHE Director of Partnership Development.
- Conducts detailed research using public, proprietary, purchased or leased databases, newspapers, published materials and other resources to identify potential donors and funding sources.
- Collects, synthesizes, analyzes, and interprets biographical and financial data to produce briefings and reports that inform decision-making; these reports include calculated wealth estimates and capacity ratings that indicate the ability and propensity of individuals, corporations and foundations to make philanthropic contributions to and serve in volunteer capacities for UGHE and PIH.
- Uses prospecting tools such as data screening and modeling to provide analyses of targeted groups and overall prospect pool.
- Develops and maintains ongoing, collaborative relationships with the UGHE team including managing special projects for prospect development.
- Maintains constituent data in the Raiser’s Edge database for use by all development staff and assist with usage as needed.
- Maintains and upholds the professional and ethical standards set by the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Works collaboratively with the PIH Research Team and larger PIH Development Team and offers support when available.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of fundraising/development experience.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; demonstrated cultural competency and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders locally and in low-income countries.
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies in database management. Excellent skills in the functional use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity.
- Ability to locate and interpret biographic and financial information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle several projects simultaneously and re-prioritize as needed as well as strong experience with computers, online databases, and Internet searching.
- Understanding of information management in a database structure, particularly the ability to manipulate and retrieve data.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to synthesize high volumes of data and write concisely.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
How to apply:
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
The University launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program, the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD). The Bachelors of Medicine, Bachelors of Surgery (MBBS) program, to be launched in July 2019, aims to improve individual and population health by training diverse clinician leaders with the skills, attitudes, and commitment to promote wellness, to ease suffering, and to develop more effective and equitable health care delivery systems. Consistent with UGHE’s vision of training future leaders with expertise in health care delivery, our medical students will pursue a joint MBBS and MGHD degree.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in needed, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI