By Management Systems International Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 11 Nov 2018
Grants Specialist, Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program
USAIDs Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program will provide support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. The projects main office is located in Dhaka, and this position will be based in the Rajshahi satellite office.
****Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this opportunity. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. If necessary, selected candidates will be responsible for their own relocation expenses to Rajshahi. **
The full-time grants specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all grants and related procurement activities are conducted consistent with USAID and MSI policies, procedures and regulations. S/he will conduct due diligence of grant applicants and recommend type of award. The grants specialist will provide day-to-day management and implementation of all aspects of the projects grants program in close cooperation with program and operations teams and senior management, and MSI headquarters.
- Assist in the overall design and management of all grants issued under the program.
- Ensure full compliance with the policies, practices, and procedures relating to grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and grant closeout.
- In close collaboration with the program development officers (PDOs), maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants to track milestones, compliance, timelines, and deliverables.
- Maintain the grants tracking database and oversee accurate reporting and documentation by grantees to ensure achievement of grant and program results.
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation to the PDOs, M&E specialists and DCOP.
- Provide training and support to potential grantees in the preparation of their grant applications.
- Maintain communication with grantees ensuring they meet all deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DCOP and/or COP.
- Masters degree in finance, administration or related field.
- At least three (3) years of financial or grants management.
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in Rajshahi.
- Advanced English writing skills.*
- Fluency in spoken Bengali and English.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously as well as be a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy.
*Please note: As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to do a 30-minute writing sample.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. This position is contingent upon USAID approval
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb