By Social Impact Organization: Social Impact
Country: Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the), Myanmar, Thailand, Viet Nam
Closing date: 31 Oct 2018
Regional Notetaker, Lower Mekong Countries (Thailand, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam), USAID Stakeholder Consultations
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of this task is to organize and implement stakeholder consultations in up to five Lower Mekong countries to inform USAID on the issues, key players, their interests, influence, and their decision-making related to higher education and workforce development sectors in the region. Each consultation will take one full day.
SI is seeking a regional notetaker to attend and support five consultations in five different countries – Thailand, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and Vietnam. S/he will report to the Event Facilitator, and will be responsible for taking comprehensive notes during each event, and summarizing the key messages and takeaways following each event.
- Travel to each country listed above
- Take notes for the entirety of each consultation
- Work with the local translator to capture main ideas spoken in other languages
- Write notes based on tools and products created during the event, such as flipcharts
- Produce “clean” versions of the notes
- Provide a summary of the key messages and takeaways following each event
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience in notetaking or transcribing of some form
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Experience with USAID preferred
- Experience in workforce development and higher education preferred
- Fluency in Thai, Lao, Khmer, Burmese, or Vietnamese strongly preferred
- Strong fluency in English required
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Please APPLY HERE.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb