By CANADEM Organization: CANADEM
Closing date: 15 Oct 2018
CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Humanitarian Affairs roster, specifically Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. Most positions are for 3 to 6 month deployments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work under hardship conditions in nonfamily duty stations.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political science, social science, international studies or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience in coordinating the provision of information to affected communities about humanitarian agencies Experience in enabling affected communities to assess and comment on HCT agencies’ performance including on sensitive issues such as sexual exploitation and abuse by those associated with the provision of their aid and assistance.
- Familiarity with the IASC commitments on accountability to affected populations and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, the core humanitarian standard on quality and accountability and the Grand Bargain.
- Fluency in English is required, other UN languages are an asset (e.g., Spanish, French, Arabic, Portuguese)
How to apply:
If you have the above-mentioned skills, please register with CANADEM before contacting us. Registration is available on our website at www.CANADEM.ca/register . After registering, please send an email to ben.james@CANADEM.ca with a Subject Line: “CANADEM-AAP/PSEA Roster”. In your email, please include your date of availability, your current location, and a phone number where we can reach you.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb