By UNOPS Organization: UNOPS
Closing date: 23 Oct 2018
Background information – IPMG
UNOPS strategic focus places increased emphasis on national capacity development and sustainable approaches to project management, procurement and infrastructure services. A key objective is to be recognized as an organization that delivers world-class infrastructure and project management, which is both economically and socially sustainable, even in the most challenging environments. To achieve this goal, UNOPS has established the Infrastructure and Project Management Group (IPMG).
Within UNOPS, it is IPMG’s objective to serve the organization’s personnel and partners by broadening their infrastructure and project management capabilities, while disseminating best practices in both of these areas. Through this work, the group helps facilitate the successful delivery of programs and projects around the world.
Background Information – Job-specific
To achieve its objectives, IPMG has established three interrelated and interdependent work streams, namely, Strategic Initiatives, Standards and Engagement Assurance. IPMG is managed overall by the Director of IPMG and supported by a Programme Support Unit. Standards aims to reduce organizational risks, improve project performance, and promote excellence across UNOPS projects by having fit for purpose infrastructure and project management standards framework in place, which includes the development and maintenance of project management and infrastructure related technical content, as well as knowledge management, gender, sustainability and tools development associated with this content. This work stream enables IPMG to elevate organizational maturity and contributes to corporate excellence agenda such as ISO certifications and EFQM.
The IPMG Standards Management Framework Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a variety of tasks and work packages related to the Standards Management Framework (SMF) of UNOPS. The SMF currently identifies nominally 60 publications, 13 sets of templates, 20 online training modules. Some of these exist, whilst many are to be delivered in the UNOPS Strategic Plan period to 2021.
Specifically, the functional responsibilities include:
- Technical review of all publications to ensure that the content meets ISO and internal quality standards and is compatible with style guidance;
- Review of all documents, templates and training modules to ensure relevant cross referencing of content is in accordance with the SMF;
- Preparation of content as directed to support specific publication which may include desk research, text, formatting, graphics or production management;
- Being the co-ordination focal point for publications development as assigned;
- Manage the interrelationship between publication development, online training material and ICT software;
- Coordination of responses to comments and contributions from other colleagues in HQ and offices globally;
- Assessment of SMF impacts on corporate and group strategies to achieve high level goals such as sustainable development and to enhance the understanding and maturity of the organisation in infrastructure and project management;
- And any other relevant tasks assigned.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Setting standards, personal and development objectives in Performance Evaluation Review ;
- Ongoing assessment of task completion, which meets quality expectations ;
- Successfully meeting deadlines based on work plan ;
- Completing progress reports as requested,
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering or related field;
- A first-level university degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering or related field in combination with additional 2 years relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced (Masters) university degree;
- Professional Engineering (PE) or Project Management Association Membership is highly regarded.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be considered an asset.
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience in infrastructure design and/or construction and project management is required out of which atleast 2 years should be associated with content development or quality monitoring/control/assurance during publications/guidance development.
- Knowledge and experience with, Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite and Adobe InDesign are required.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and database software is an asset.
- PRINCE2® Foundation certificate would be desirable. PRINCE2® Practitionner certificate is considered an asset.
- Experience in pedagogical interfacing with organisational systems would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams in infrastructure and/or project management is an advantage;
- Experience working in conflict or post-conflict context is an advantage.
- Strategic Perspective – Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
- Integrity & Inclusion – Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others – Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering – Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility – Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused – Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication – Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration:
Contract type: ICA**
Contract level: I-ICA2
Contract duration: **Open-ended, subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
How to apply:
Apply through this link.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT