By International Organization for Migration Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 17 Oct 2018
Under the direct supervision of the AVRR Programme National Officer and the overall
supervision of the Project Officer (Migrant Protection and Assistance), the incumbent will
support the implementation and monitoring of the Assisted Voluntary Return and
Reintegration (AVRR) to Egypt and be responsible for the following tasks:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the ‘AVRR to Egypt ‘activities in a timely manner.
He/she will support in carrying-out all financial, administrative and technical
aspects, in-line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor
- Assist interview and counselling sessions of Egyptian returnees, including initial
- Maintain an updated record of cases and files while ensuring confidentiality of
- Assist to plan and undertake field visits with vendors to ensure IOM’s rules and
regulations are understood and followed in terms of payment;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 2 / 3
- Provide inputs for the preparation and the design of the ‘AVRR to Egypt’
workplan and periodic reports for IOM sending missions;
- Follow the guidance of the AVRR Programme National Officer to contact and
coordinate with sending missions to attain results, monitoring and updating
beneficiaries of AVRR services in Egypt.
- Perform other duties as may be required including duty travel.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration or
related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant
Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants and capacity-building activities;
Familiarity with financial and business administration; and,
Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter not later than
Wednesday, 17 October 2018, Cairo time on www.egypt.iom.int
In addition, please note that only the applications which would have been duly done, and
which would have been submitted and received through IOM website within the announced
time frame would be valid & considered for the announced vacancy.
Kindly note that for efficiency reasons, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Read more here:: ReliefWeb