By International Organization for Migration Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 17 Oct 2018
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct
supervision of the National Human Resources Officer (NHRO), the successful candidate
will be responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to human
resources functions of IOM Cairo mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and update personnel files for all staff in the mission.
- Prepare, maintain and follow up on contracts, all SAP personnel actions,
personnel administration and orientation for staff members, consultants, interns,
hourly/daily contracts as per the internal Standard Operating Procedures
- Arrange for the employee’s “Entry-on-Duty” Medical Examination, follow up with
Panama Administrative Center (PAC) regarding their medical clearance as well as
the completion of the medical forms for the admission to IOM medical service plan.
Follow up on “Medical clearance process for consultants and interns and ensure
submission of the required documents.
- Follow up, maintain and keep the attendance records accurately up to date.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 2 / 3
- Assist and follow up on recruitment processes of positions in the mission;
- Process the separation documents for separated staff including preparation and
issuance of the separation notices, coordinating with PAC the submission of the
separation clearance forms and staff entitlements before releasing the final
payment and prepare employment certificates;
- Assist in the preparation of official correspondences with the Ministry of Foreign
Affairs necessary for:
- Application for residency visas, IDs, driver’s and vehicles’ licenses for
International staff members;
- Application and follow up on the status of IOM official vehicles, renewal of
permits and clearance processes of new vehicles
- Establishment of contact with the visitors and decorations section to ensure that
all protocols are implemented for VIP visits;
- Issuance and renewal of airport permanent and temporarily passes for IOM
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Human Resources / Business Administration or related field and
two years of relevant work experience in human resources / administration work
High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook,) experience in
computerized HR systems including SAP application;
Experience in recruitment;
Previous experience working with IOM or with UN specialized agencies an
Knowledge of staff rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits is an
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter not later than
Wednesday, 17 October 2018, Cairo time on www.egypt.iom.int
In addition, please note that only the applications which would have been duly done, and
which would have been submitted and received through IOM website within the announced
time frame would be valid & considered for the announced vacancy.
Kindly note that for efficiency reasons, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Read more here:: ReliefWeb