By International Organization for Migration Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 17 Oct 2018
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct
supervision of the National Finance Officer (NFO), the successful candidate will be
responsible and accountable for providing necessary support to financial, budgetary and
accounting functions of IOM Cairo mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Acts as a focal point for PRISM FI, guides staff of use of system and ensures
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed in the system;
- Monitors effectiveness of internal controls and proposes improvements of existing
processes and/or procedures;
- Ensures payments to suppliers and staff members are made in a timely manner;
- Maintains balance sheet accounts including bank and vendors while ensuring all
balances are accurate and correct;
- Ensures accurate and correct use of General Ledger (GL) accounts for all entries;
- Oversees vendor accounts for down payments and eventual clearing;
- Oversees suspense accounts and ensures they are cleared in a timely manner;
- Assists in responding to audit queries and liaising with other missions in obtaining
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Reference Code : VN/CAI/2018/43
Page 2 / 4
- Ensures integrity of all data posted in PRISM, including related financial supporting
documentations, proper filling and archive thereof to adhere to IOM and Donors’
- Draft monthly/annual financial reports for the Country Office and donors reports and
analysis of financial results;
- Ensures the submission of requested vouchers/supporting documents to donor
when requested according to donor specifics;
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial reports for the review and
certification by RMO and Chief of Mission (CoM);
- Brings to the attention of the RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues;
- Maintains a filing system for both scanning and in folders for all financial vouchers;
- Communicates and works closely with other departments to ensure the overall
objectives/performance is achieved always.
- Monitors bank account movements and bank balances on a daily basis;
- Assists (NFO) in cash management, including cash flow forecasts and prepares
monthly Mission Funding Requests;
- Oversees custody account and liaises with bank on outstanding issues and queries;
- Assists the RMO and NFO in monitoring project receivables and following up with
- Assists the RMO in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms
of staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects; ensures
compliance with the annual budget and other statutory requirements;
- Monitors budget expenditures for assigned projects and recommends reallocation of
funds as necessary;
- Assists in the preparation of budget expenditure submissions; and;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the RMO and NFO.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or related field
with three years of relevant work experience in finance/accounting.
• Good analytical skills, with an ability to analyse financial information and reconcile
Page 3 / 4
• High level of computer literacy to include experience in computerized accounting
• Good knowledge of MS Office with excellent knowledge of MS Excel;
• Knowledge of SAP financials is essential.
• Previous experience working with IOM or with UN specialized agencies an
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter not later than
Wednesday, 17 October 2018, Cairo time on www.egypt.iom.int
In addition, please note that only the applications which would have been duly done, and
which would have been submitted and received through IOM website within the announced
time frame would be valid & considered for the announced vacancy.
Kindly note that for efficiency reasons, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Read more here:: ReliefWeb