By Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency Organization: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Closing date: 20 Oct 2018
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Director Internal Audit
Term of Employment: Two years
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: October 20, 2018
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Director of Internal Audit designs, leads and directs all internal audit activities to ensure proper controls, policies, procedures, etc. are in place so that the agency operations are effectively and efficiently carried out, agency assets are properly protected, financial data is reliable and has integrity, and the agency follows the applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The Director reports directly to the CEO of ATA and MOFEC. This individual has regular communications with MoFEC, Federal Audit Service and other government offices as required. The primary communications include the annual audit plans, results of audits including findings and recommendations and other reporting as required. The director works with senior management in the initiation, execution and closure of internal audit work to ensure proper scope, communication of findings and appropriate resolution of audit recommendations.
- Facilitate the ATA Risk Management process to identify, articulate, mitigate and manage material risks. Work with the management to develop annual audit plans to ascertain key risks are being properly mitigated.
- Evaluate and secure resource needs to complete the audit plan, including recruiting, managing, directing, developing, training, and mentoring audit staff as well as identifying, evaluating, engaging, and managing third party resource needs.
- Plan, prioritize, and execute the completion of internal audits while providing expertise in auditing and standards as well as other technical areas.
- Identify quality audit recommendations regarding internal control improvements and collaborate with SMT.
- Prepare internal audit reports thoroughly and accurately, and communicate timely results to CEO, SMT and MOFEC.
- Develop and execute a plan to ensure issues and recommendations are brought to closure and implemented in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and lead the assistance and communication with the external auditors in execution of the annual audit plan.
- Develop audit plans based on risk assessments. Communicate the audit dates, as appropriate, to management;
- Ensure that the audit programs and work practices are in compliance with the Ethiopian government Financial Manual Internal Audit policies and procedures;
- Review office financial systems and report on compliance with the ATA Financial Policies and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices;
- Supervise internal auditors as they carry out performance and procedural audit of all office functions and projects and, when necessary, participate in such audits to provide field audit leadership;
- Provide summaries of audit results and trends to ATA management and MOFEC regularly and in subsequent audits determine that audit recommendations have been tracked and implemented by management;
- Develop a system to ensure the quality of work done by the Internal auditors is regularly reviewed and appraised and corrective action taken when necessary;
- Assist in selecting firms, planning, and performing annual external audit work Display teamwork, integrity, and leadership to create an environment of trust, accountability, and responsibility. Maintain strong relations and open lines of communication with the ATA CEO and SMT as well as with MOFEC and staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- MA degree in accounting required or ACCA, CPA or other internationally recognized accounting qualification
- Must have prior auditing experience of at least 10 years of internal audit experience in a recognized organization. Three of these should be at a supervisory level.
- Experience in public accounting will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a director and a team member
- Must be able to present confidently to ATA’s CEO and SMT as well as to MOFEC; must be able to work across all levels of management in the execution of responsibilities.
- Confident, proactive self-starter who can work autonomously with strong attention to detail, while also exhibiting an understanding of the big picture.
- Strong organizational skills, including leadership, management, and process and relationship management.
- A flexible problem solver who can manage a large and diverse portfolio of projects and issues and rapidly assess situations with multiple outcomes and consequences.
- Absolute integrity and discretion—committed to core values and ethical business conduct with the backbone to stand up for what is right and necessary.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Audit standards
- Superior ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels orally and in writing.
- Ability to be tactful in communicating with others and to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, especially ERP- AGRESSO System is essential
How to apply:
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et/
Please note that CVs, cover letter and other application materials WILL NOT be considered unless accompanied by a fully completed ATA Application Form. Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV